• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Putter with a profile similar to RhynoX

dmoore1998

Eagle Member
I have a RhynoX, and I LOVE the feel of the lower rim (not a bead, but it almost functions that way for your finger to slide into....photo attached). I don't really want something THAT overstable though (2,1,0,4). It's also pretty difficult to get side profiles of putters to compare, so hoping folks here have some suggestions.

RhynoX has a Thumbtrac grip, but that's not really what I'm talking about.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/ima...839_(1).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

https://hosting.photobucket.com/ima...3927839.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

First photo is the RhynoX, 2nd is the Animal, both have a Thumbtrac so you can see the difference in the lower rim and the rather large convex curve to it. Perfect for my index finger when putting, just would like something less stable (and probably less stable than the original Rhyno as well).

Any suggestions? Really love the feel of it in my hands, especially since it comes in XT plastic which I like.

Discraft Magnet, DGA Titanic, and Legacy Clutch all have a concave wing and are less stable than a rhyno. A magnet is a very straight putter at putting speeds, understable at higher speeds. Titanic is like a magnet OS. However, neither are available in an XT-like plastic. Clutch is somewhere between those two in stability.

Discraft Magnet, DGA Titanic, and Legacy Clutch all have a concave wing and are less stable than a rhyno. A magnet is a very straight putter at putting speeds, understable at higher speeds. Titanic is like a magnet OS. However, neither are available in an XT-like plastic. Clutch is somewhere between those two in stability.

I have a JB Magnet (the JB is close enough for me to the XT feel..that kind of dry chalky feel that JB and XT have) but the convex lower rim is a little different (though hard to explain a bit). The RhynoX stops halfway down the rim, cuts back in toward the disc, then has that convex curve...which fits your finger almost partially under the upper half of the rim. The Magnet starts the convex curve right at the edge of the disc. Looking at them side-by-side, they look very similar, but then I grab them and they feel totally different on that index finger for me.

Haven't tried a Titanic or Clutch though, I'll check those out for sure. Thanks!

Don't bother with the Titanic if you don't like your Magnet...Clutch might be doable but really they're all the same disc - Titanic most deep, then Mag, Clutch being the lowest profile of the three.

The Clozer by Legacy is a beaded Clutch, I think that's the disc you're looking for! :thmbup:

(Former Magnet lover, long time Clutch guy)