• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Putters Anonymous

I can't get a clean release on a forehand with a Wizard either. For me it seems to have to do with how the bullet nose rests on my finger.

I can forehand polecats, Aviar P&As, and all the big bead aviars, but I just can't get a clean release with a Wizard.

Yeah, practice was showing better results, but I already had good results fore-handing Yeti's, so why make more work for myself? I ended up dropping Wizards. I know, sacrilege! But it's my game and I throw what works. No need to reinvent the wheel. :p

I can use the Wizard forehand provided the mold is not too floppy in plastic. Odd I can't do the same with the Aviar Big Bead, the mold off for me due in part to the wing shape and the bead, both have the same bead to the disc.

Last edited:
I made this thread with tongue planted firmly in cheek, but I do love lots of putter molds. Right now I'm bagging a Zone for OS, and Judges for all other driving and putting. I added a Berg a month ago for upshots and driving on really short holes, since the gap between a Berg and a normal putter is abut the same for me as my gap between a putter and a mid. So I do currently prescribe to your 3 mold strategy, just in a slightly different way.

That being said, I was doing field work this evening with a stack of putters in various molds, and it was hard not to put them all in the bag afterwards. :) And you are so right on the gyro putters. They are great, but the don't play nice with the rest of my bag. I was smashing on a Proxy tonight better than anything else -- just a long straight throw with no turn and negligible fade.

I love the Proxy for that exact same shot. I don't think there is another putter on the market that flies as true as it does. I especially love the Plasma Proxy and even started putting with Electron Proxies to minimize molds in my bag and because they are great at that too.

I do not Switch Putter molds for putting but is 3 molds too many putters? One for Uphill/Downhill #2 Upshot in Prostyle at 166 grams originally, then Magnet in Jawbreaker 175 grams, and finally Proline Titanic 173-174 grams originally mostly for temps over 90 f, tight gap putts to save the Jawbreaker Magnet's, and Proline Titanic discs are for slight higher winds 25 mph to 30 mph all these uses as long as temps are over 50 F or the smooth part on the discs outer makes the Proline Titanic hard to grip.

I have started also using the #2 Upshot at 166 grams in Prostyle for longer untestable putt this year 2020. I also forgot to say I use for OS/standard driving putter a 175 gram Shark as well as for approach and a Pro Shark for more neutral approach too. I find the Shark to be more like a putter in floating/slow glide especially the domed Shark discs or in Pro/DX.

Here is what I have in the bag currently.

DD Slammer in hard plastic. They don't make this anymore. I've picked up a couple of backups. Short hyzer approaches and putting.

Discraft Zone ESP... forehand flicks to the basket and medium range putts I want to really go for and throw a bit harder.

Latitude 64 Caltrop similar to Slammer, but in medium plastic... and has a slightly thicker rim. I've made more 50 to 60 foot putts with this one.... not that I make many, but it seems to stick close.

Prodigy Pa3 in 400g plastic. I love this one. Putting into wind.... close putts I need to feel confident...layups that need to stop. Great putter. Love the mold.

Discraft Luna .. bought it used and well beaten in. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I don't. Still learning it.

I love putters. I carry 6 putters currently in the bag. 3 exo hard links, 1 bt hard harp, 1 glimmer X harp and a k3 Berg.

Putters are the best part of the game. Here's what I bag currently.

3 P Model S BaseGrip - beat 171 for C2 putts, 175 for C1, 175 backup putter
1 P Model S Duraflex - stable throwing putter
1 200 PA4 - Turnover throwing putter and running things I probably shouldnt be running
1 A2 300 - straighter and sticks when it hits the ground
1 A2 400 - beefier and plenty of skip when it hits)

I bag 7 Putters...
- 2 Identical K3 Rekos for most putting within 65 feet.
- 1 K1 Reko for most driving/approach duties between 100-200 feet.
- 1 Jawbreaker Roach for turnover shots and some long glidey jump putts.
- 1 K3 Berg for utility approaches I need to stick
- 1 Z Zone for shorter drives/ long approaches with skip
- 1 Crystal FLX Zone for penetrating drives/approaches that stick.

12 disc bag and I currently have 6 putters in the bag...

- a pair of Classic Aviars for putting.
- really seasoned Classic Blend Judge as primary upshot disk
- base plastic Jokeri for wind upshots, bigger hyzers, flexy tee shots, and occasional forehand approaches
- Zero Medium Pure if I want to go longer than the Judge but want less ground play than a Roc or if I really need to finish straight or right.
- D Line P2. I like it, but I'm not totally sure where it fits in the bag. I envisioned wind putting and to replace some of the Jokeri duties, but it is a lot dumpier than I expected.

Figured this might be the best place to post this (first post in awhile). In your guesstimates, what is the tallest Aviar PnA (no bead) like putter on the market?

2 x Soft Tank (168g) for short putts, long anny putts and soft-landing runs/approaches. Great disc.
1 x X Soft Zone (168g) for putts into wind and other zone things. It is soooo stable, despite the low weight.
1 x 2003 XD (175g, soft and totally beaten up) for turning approach shots. (This appears to be irreplaceable: getting a Bounty to see if it can fit the slot too).

Latest posts