• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Putters beefier than a ESP Zone?

Why would anyone want a putter more over stable than a zone? Trick shots? 75 MPH head winds? Boomerang action?

BroD said it a few pages back, but poor course design does call for something more OS than a zone.

People said there was no use for a Stiletto but, what if I want to throw a massive flex shot (fh) in 35 mph winds? Then I get out my Stiletto and go to town!

That being said, I'd love a more OS zone. It would be great for carving flex lines inside 150'

i guess i should clarify

by flippy, i mean that sometimes it wants to go straighter than i want, the fade isn't as dependable

i don't mean flippy as in understable turn into a roller

that's why i've basically kicked the zone out of my bag and mainly use an opto trident

i did a lot of homework on this a while back
i now bag a puddle top crystal zone

Sorry to quote this old post - but I was wondering what mattc meant by puddle top. I would infer it meant concave like a yeti pro aviar.

Disc golf terminology can drive you nuts...
zipper tops, puddle tops, flat tops...
X-wings, L-wings...
I have a 4X JK Pro Valk... damned if it doesn't feel like Champion plastic.
And last but not least, what does "more stable" mean?*
:wall:

I'm just gonna go throw my discs. The ones that land in the fair I'll keep. The ones that don't, I'll trade.

*Asked completely as a rhetorical question, please do not attempt an answer.

Last edited:
Disc golf terminology can drive you nuts...
zipper tops, puddle tops, flat tops...
X-wings, L-wings...
I have a 4X JK Pro Valk... damned if it doesn't feel like Champion plastic.
And last but not least, what does "more stable" mean?*
:wall:

I'm just gonna go throw my discs. The ones that land in the fair I'll keep. The ones that don't, I'll trade.

*Asked completely as a rhetorical question, please do not attempt an answer.

I shot even par last week.

I haven't found any putters more os than my Zones. My VP fits somewhere around my Breaker or D Zones. Like others have said, puddle top is usually more os. And I too often want something more than a Zone.

I'll throw my vote for premium Jokeri.

I've thrown a couple Premium Jokeris before, and I wouldn't say that either of them was as stable as a Zone. They flew more like a new P2 for me.

I've thrown a couple Premium Jokeris before, and I wouldn't say that either of them was as stable as a Zone. They flew more like a new P2 for me.

Not even the first runs, which are beefier than the production runs, are as overstable as a Zone.

Crosslap Credo is certainly pretty stable. More OS than my 1st run Jokeris and the VPs I have thrown.

It still will fly pretty straight till it slows down, and goes almost as far as my Jokeri. But that sucker has a pretty hard fade on it. Positive it would be the most stable putter out there if they ran it in a premium plastic. Has the opposite of a plus rim, and is about as wide as a mid.

Interesting putter.

Crosslap Credo is certainly pretty stable. More OS than my 1st run Jokeris and the VPs I have thrown.

It still will fly pretty straight till it slows down, and goes almost as far as my Jokeri. But that sucker has a pretty hard fade on it. Positive it would be the most stable putter out there if they ran it in a premium plastic. Has the opposite of a plus rim, and is about as wide as a mid.

Interesting putter.

Well, it comes in a basic (firm) and an advanced (soft) plastic. I throw the soft plastic which will very likely never leave my bag. I used to throw Sinuses but the Credo totally destroyed it in a one on one battle. :thmbup:

Latest posts