• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putters with the most glide

I'll go with the Aero too. Dead straight, easy to control, longest glide I've seen.

I have a 150 Magic that glides with absolutely no effort. It's surprisingly still stable at that weight too.

Pretty much any understable or med stability in 150 class... Aviar P&A 150 is a good choice.

One more vote for the aero. I didn't like it because it has too much glide, I find it hard to control distance on it because it never stops gliding.

Another vote for the aero. I also stopped using mine because it had too much glide. It would just float right on by the basket, just as slow as you can imagine. Slow, straight, and floaty.

I have a couple of friends I play with that throw the super puppy and the Rattler either of these would have enough glide for you.

CHEERS - Koffee

I throw an Evo-hpp voodoo for distance. nice and glidey and accurate as all get out.

To the OP, I was in a similar situation as you. If you like the Aviar you're putting with currently but are coming up short on putts, I found the Wizard able to make up the missed distance without really changing the flightpath. If you just want glide, the Magic/Ion/Magnet/Aero/XD/Dart/etc will work.

Or you could just work on your putting. That is what really helped me to start making longer putts. The Wizard just "felt right" in my hands and allowed me to feel comfortable/confident enough to stop looking for the next "cure all" disc so I could focus on what really mattered, my confidence when putting.

Last edited:
To the OP, I was in a similar situation as you. If you like the Aviar you're putting with currently but are coming up short on putts, I found the Wizard able to make up the missed distance without really changing the flightpath.

^this. I just picked up a 173g firm Wizard to replace my aviar in the same weight and I am not sorry I did. I had some real ****ty throws off the tee today at Goucher and I sank two long range putts with the Wizard that saved par on both. I am also able to snap that bad boy 300' easy. I am in love with this disc!

Latest posts