• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putting anny

When I spin putt on a straight line, I tend to do a little anny. However, it's usually a straight line at the basket, with the nose up. That's what I think the slight anny release does for a putter. I am not talking about throwing an anny that really travels left to right much if any at all, not like a mini flex shot or anything like that.

I used to do this a lot, but got away from doing it after I put in some significant practice time on my home basket.

It seems like the less I actually practice putting, the better it works for me. Not sure what's going on there. :\ :confused:

Need to hit the basket up some more, though, because it's kinda crept back into my game a bit lately.

I find that putting flat and straight is the hardest thing to do. Anny is easiest. Hyzer I tend to pull right quite often, but I have to do it sometimes when I need to show the flightplate to left to right crosswind.

Yeti is the 3x World putting champion. He doesn't putt anny. Anthon, Doss, MJ, there are plenty of good pros who do.

I also putt anny and also think Anthon and Doss are two of the best putters out of the top ranking pros right now. They are not the reason I do it, because I stated putting that way before I even knew those guys existed.

I also add some height and slow the motion down a bit when putting to dangerous greens. Disc comes in like a parachuter at the basket and rarely goes 2 feet further if I miss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaLfeYuyqlE

I'll do it if the distance, angle and wind direction call for it, but that's not very often.

I putt hard with a touch of anhyzer. Lasers baby! There is also alot of practice and confidence going on there too.

Originally Posted by sparkey
I hyzer putt my challengers don't like anny too much

Well then you're doing something wrong because mine handle it just fine.

It all depends on where he should have put his punctuation. He might have meant, "I hyzer putt my challengers. don't like anny too much." meaning he doesn't like anny instead of, "I hyzer putt. my challengers don't like anny too much." Without any periods, it's impossible to know for sure.

Originally Posted by sparkey
I hyzer putt my challengers don't like anny too much

It all depends on where he should have put his punctuation. He might have meant, "I hyzer putt my challengers. don't like anny too much." meaning he doesn't like anny instead of, "I hyzer putt. my challengers don't like anny too much." Without any periods, it's impossible to know for sure.

lol. Your correct. I didn't even see it as being the other way.

Latest posts