• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putting form Poll

Most used putting style.

• Total voters
Anybody putt forehand?

I never had a FH shot to speak of and then one day I just started approaching with a FH flick and it was like I hit the pole 3 out of 4 times from 80-100 feet out! I still use that shot for approaches but I've never felt stable enough using it to use it for putting.

I can't really pick between weight transfer and straddle putt. I do them both constantly.

I use weight transfer pitch/spin putt, depending on what is necessary for the situation. I've tried straddle putting but could never got comfortable with it. I'll use it if something is in my way and I need to balance myself out more.

Completely depends on the situation. I like the one foot forward but if i have to reach around a tree then i'll use a stradle. Althought one foot forward is my standard go to

A guy I golf with likes to turbo putt when he's on an incline. Says it makes him feel more balanced. Seems weird to me, I thought turbo putting was mainly used to get over obstacles.

I only putt turbo, within 35 feet it is money. $$$

Anybody putt forehand?

I never had a FH shot to speak of and then one day I just started approaching with a FH flick and it was like I hit the pole 3 out of 4 times from 80-100 feet out! I still use that shot for approaches but I've never felt stable enough using it to use it for putting.

All I do is forehand putt. When I first started my forehand was the best and its only grown and I could never get the BH putts down so recently I switched to forehand putting. It is working out great for me!