• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putting help...

Watchitgo

As everyone knows, it is vital to make putts in order to earn a low score anywhere. I'm looking for a putter that will give me more confidence on short and long range putts. Any preferences/help would be great.

i like the banger gt as well but My star dart is dead straight and great for longer range.

A putter does not a good disc golfer make.

Practice makes a good disc golfer. Putt with whatever feels best in your hand.

Got to chime in here...
I've tried quite a few different putters from all of the top makers (Putt-For-Dough you know).
I settled in with the Star Aviar until about a year ago. I tried a tournament fund raiser stamped>>>R-Pro aviar and have thrown nothing else for league and tournament rounds since.
Straight, dependable and sticks to the chains.
From about 200' in this is what I'm throwing...
>>>Most important of all though...Practice, Practice, Practice...
Pick one up and at least give it a chance in a few casual rounds, who knows??
Enjoy:)

Once you have put in a lot of practice it becomes a mental game. Whatever putter you chose, you should be convinced its the best putter in the world and you are going to bang every putt with it. Confidence goes a long way.

Keep your head right and that's all you need. If your head isn't right nothing will go in

I'm another fan of the Soft Banger GT. I just LOVE the groove top.

Really, though, use whatever feels best in your hand. And practice, practice, practice!

I don't agree that feel has much of anything to do with how good a putter is. When you step up to a 25' putt and there is a 15mph wind blowing the putter that feels the best might also be one that sucks the most in the wind. It might be the best feeling putter in the world but you'll still have a better chance of maiking the putt with a disc that does better in the wind. Remember, the person who has the best and most accurate disc flights wins. There is no prize for the person with the best feeling discs.

Any of the stable putter that are suggested millions of times over will work. I like the Wizard but the Warlock, Voodoo, Challnger, KC Pro Aviar and Banger (plus several more, I'm sure) are all really good.

2nd vote for dart. But there are several brands/models with similar flight characteristics.

you gotta use what feels good in YOUR hand.

As everyone knows, it is vital to make putts in order to earn a low score anywhere. I'm looking for a putter that will give me more confidence on short and long range putts. Any preferences/help would be great.

Any GOOD PUTTER (person) can make putts with any disc made. The disc is less important than form. Choose something that feels good in your hand and go for it.

PRACTICE.

Any GOOD PUTTER (person) can make putts with any disc made. The disc is less important than form. Choose something that feels good in your hand and go for it.

PRACTICE.

It's not the arrow, it's the Indian.

I'm in the camp that the putter is not nearly important as the person holding it..
A person who is a skilled putter can putt with just about anything.

Pick out whatever putter disc you want, maybe several of the same discs, then practice, practice, practice.

I'll put my vote out there for the Rhyno. Seems like everyone writes it off as a "wind-only" putter, but I use it every time I put.

Probably the best thing you could do is buy nothing and ask people to use their putters for casual rounds. Once you've tested a bunch, go and buy like 5 of them and a basket. You'll be sold on your putter after you get used to it in your background. That's the approach that was recommended to me, and I'm taking it with the Rhyno. Next paycheck--basket and a bunch of discs.

Wizard, Challenger, Voodoo, Ion. One of those will do the trick. I like the stability of the Wizard or Challenger, but the Voodoo and Ion are sweat as well. All of these aree also decent approach and driving putters.

There's probably 20 more decent putters I have missed. Find the one that fits your style best, and practice.

i like the banger gt as well but My star dart is dead straight and great for longer range.

I'm in agreement with Mr. Sir...although I have a R-Pro Dart. Super straight for long putts. Also good for really accurate drives.

It's really grippy (R-Pro plastic), feels awesome in your hand, and just works very well...but go with what plastic you like better.

Latest posts