• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putting League

Disc Golf Cowboy

Birdie Member
We are going into our 4th week of Putting League. I had never seen or heard of one of these.

I've been doing the PP360 for about 6 months. At least one round a week. That has helped out my putting more than I can believe. I'm about 65% on 30', 20' and under around 90%.

So the League, 1st week random draw doubles, we start at 30' it took us 2 1/2 hrs to get 22 people thru double elimatation. 2nd week rdd the baskets are moved to 35'. It took us 3 1/2 hours to get 26 people thru. That extra 5' messed with everyone.

3rd week rdd 35'. 32 people. $42 per player for the winning team. Not too bad for a Monday night at the bar. Now if I could just be on the winning team!

Attachments

• HPIM3171.jpg
    HPIM3171.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 192
  • HPIM3179.jpg
    HPIM3179.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 166
What a GREAT idea... Screw dart league, I need to find a pub with some room in it for that.

What was the format/rules for the round robins?

Random draw. 6 baskets so 3 lanes. 2 teams on each lane, 1 player form each team on each end. Use two discs. Teams from one end throw down then you throw back. 1 point for one in and 3 points if you make both shots. Play to 15 must win by 2. You have to lose twice before you are out of it. Losers go to losers bracket and winners go to winners. In the end the team that wins the losers bracket plays the winners of the winners bracket. Losers must beat the winners twice, winners must win one. Last round plays to 21 must win by 2. pays 3 places.

Random draw. 6 baskets so 3 lanes. 2 teams on each lane, 1 player form each team on each end. Use two discs. Teams from one end throw down then you throw back. 1 point for one in and 3 points if you make both shots. Play to 15 must win by 2. You have to lose twice before you are out of it. Losers go to losers bracket and winners go to winners. In the end the team that wins the losers bracket plays the winners of the winners bracket. Losers must beat the winners twice, winners must win one. Last round plays to 21 must win by 2. pays 3 places.
I need this in my life.

The first rule of Putt Club is that you do not talk about Putt Club.

Sign me up. It reminds me of when I was a kid and we'd throw at beer cans on 4x4 posts. Is my age showing?;)

that sounds awesome i like the format. i was thinking about organizing a horse tournament in my basement since we have gotten so much snow over the last few weeks here in MD. I have about 40' of space and lots of different obstacles to shape shots so its a lot of fun.

Leagues are over now but here are a few pics from one of the singles nights. We had 2.

All 6 baskets were at one end, from 25' to 60' only the longest ones didn't have obstacles. We shot two rounds thru the six lanes. Break, reset move the baskets and or obstacles then two more rounds thru the six positions. We had two discs to shoot from each. One point for each putt made.

Attachments

• HPIM3201.jpg
    HPIM3201.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 89
  • HPIM3213.jpg
    HPIM3213.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 83
  • HPIM3215.jpg
    HPIM3215.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 86