• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putting practice discs

My local disc golf shop is pretty expensive. Its usually 3-4 dollars cheeper to buy the disc online and have it shipped for free to me. It just depends how fast I want it. If I can wait a few days I save 3-4 bucks.

I agree. I pay at least 35% less than I would locally on every purchase I've made through discgolfcenter if you count tax on top of the huge markup the local shops charge and DGC has a wayyyyyyy better selection.

i bought 10 for $6 each from factory store.

edit: I use all 10 for practice, and take 4 to tournaments. 1 is my main, and 3 for warm-up practice. I ONLY use it for my putting, i have others i use for even close up shots, so they all stay virtually the same through the practice. It's random which ones i pull out for tourny use, i no longer have a #1.

Last edited:
try ebay too.. they have photos and weight for individual discs.. getting a white disc with pink stamp because they never say stamp color on sites is annoying.

Also clearwater needs to move out of the 90's table structure, colors, flashing text, and everything else disgusting and go 2k style with css.

Not that my opinion will hold much water, but I just happened to get a D-Line P2 in the mail today. Blue 172 (usually throw ~175). The newest DX P&A I have is from the 2010 Ice Bowl. The rim is stiffer on the P2, but the flightplate seems slightly more pliable (like a softer SS/SSS Wizard - first non-Gateway product I've compared to a Wizard's rim stiffness compared to flightplate flexibility). The plastic's a little slick, but I wouldn't say it isn't grippy. It had rained most of the day and was drizzling, and I had no slip issues.

I know you're looking for putting putters, but hear me out...I've been really working on my backhand and have been throwing a ton of putter only rounds at my local pitch and putt. I've been carrying Mercies, Pures, and tonight added the P2. Off the tee (~200' on a good throw), the P2 is more overstable than my G9i Wizards (far from new but plenty beefy) and both the Lats.

I still carried my putting Wizard and putted any extra tee shots with the same disc I threw off the tee, and the P2 needed a lot more anhyzer to get to the basket for me than any of the other discs I threw. I'm guessing if you want something more stable than a Pure (guessing you mean stable and not overstable since Pures, for me, are more overstable than P&As), then this disc is probably not what you want. I imagine it'll season really well, but as it stands after 27 holes all under 300' it has some healthy LSS to it. Not to try to scare you away because I was really impressed with it and am excited to throw it some more tomorrow. I was just surprised that a beadless disc could be so beefy.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
gotta go gotta throw is a good place. They also have the bottom stamped Aviars which are blank on top which is a look I really like.

With the Innova Factory Store, you also get 10% off for 10+ discs, and 10% off for liking them on facebook. So I think that'll be the cheapest way to get a bunch for practicing.

EDIT: 20% off for 10+ discs.

Last edited:
Not that my opinion will hold much water, but I just happened to get a D-Line P2 in the mail today. Blue 172 (usually throw ~175). The newest DX P&A I have is from the 2010 Ice Bowl. The rim is stiffer on the P2, but the flightplate seems slightly more pliable (like a softer SS/SSS Wizard - first non-Gateway product I've compared to a Wizard's rim stiffness compared to flightplate flexibility). The plastic's a little slick, but I wouldn't say it isn't grippy. It had rained most of the day and was drizzling, and I had no slip issues.

I know you're looking for putting putters, but hear me out...I've been really working on my backhand and have been throwing a ton of putter only rounds at my local pitch and putt. I've been carrying Mercies, Pures, and tonight added the P2. Off the tee (~200' on a good throw), the P2 is more overstable than my G9i Wizards (far from new but plenty beefy) and both the Lats.

I still carried my putting Wizard and putted any extra tee shots with the same disc I threw off the tee, and the P2 needed a lot more anhyzer to get to the basket for me than any of the other discs I threw. I'm guessing if you want something more stable than a Pure (guessing you mean stable and not overstable since Pures, for me, are more overstable than P&As), then this disc is probably not what you want. I imagine it'll season really well, but as it stands after 27 holes all under 300' it has some healthy LSS to it. Not to try to scare you away because I was really impressed with it and am excited to throw it some more tomorrow. I was just surprised that a beadless disc could be so beefy.

Hope that helps.
Great info. Definitely looking for more stability than supersofts and xds but less than kcs or wizards. Sounds like the P2 may be overstable for my liking.

Was looking into getting a 5 pack of Vibram ridges. Has anyone had any luck with getting a match set of Vibrams?

If you want to try something new, try a white Mercy. It's nicely soft and has been more stable for me than the Pure.

My white Mercies are stiff and grippy, muy bueno :). The EZE Mercy reminds me of a slightly worn S/SS(depending on the run lol) Warlock. Still want to toss some Pures, I haven't because I'm lame that way :(. Maybe I'll go order a couple now, sparkles! whooo!

My white Mercies are stiff and grippy, muy bueno :). The EZE Mercy reminds me of a slightly worn S/SS(depending on the run lol) Warlock. Still want to toss some Pures, I haven't because I'm lame that way :(. Maybe I'll go order a couple now, sparkles! whooo!

That's funny. I recommended White because the one I just got was the softest of all the colors I recently ordered (orange, yellow, light pink, white - firmest to softest). One thing I did notice is that my pink and white have the mold and weight printed on the back of the disc instead of the typical weight sticker I've gotten from Lat.

Since the "printer"s are definitely softer than the other Mercies, I'm wondering if it isn't a bit of experimentation for finding a blend for soft EZE prior to the plastic hiatus. Either way, they fly the same as my "sticker" Mercies. They're just softer and a little grippier.

Look into glow aviars. They don't run as many of them so it might be easier to get discs that feel the same. They also just changed the stamp last year so those might still be close to the same run. You also won't have to change your putter for glow season.

I fixed this by buying 10 identical putters and numbering them 1-10. I carry two in my bag at a time, and I rotate which two every few rounds. Result: I have 10 identical #1 putters. If I lose one, no big deal.

i love this ^^^
so i just ordered 8 sss 174 magic for the wife and i.
and this is exactly what im going to do

when we go to play, just grab one, any one, out of the pile o' putters

just have to remember whose is whose (what # you got?) if we are playing together:D

Ended up ordering 13 Red P&A Aviars from the Factory Store for $62.40 shipped ($4.80 per disc). I live in Charlotte, NC so shipping should only take a few days.

Ended up ordering 13 Red P&A Aviars from the Factory Store for $62.40 shipped ($4.80 per disc). I live in Charlotte, NC so shipping should only take a few days.

The problem with the factory store is they might not all be the same
Weigh them and use the group that is closest

Latest posts