• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putting practice logs with 1025 game.

I started playing this game on May 28th. First round was a meager 370. Current high score 605. Started with an average of 382, current average is 520. Feeling much more confident. Was struggling at 20, now hitting 5/6 most rounds. Starting to see the crossover in rounds.

25 feet is also feeling more confident. Looking forward to testing it in a tournament this weekend.

Downloaded the app this morning and had just enough time to get one game in before work. Shot a 555, this game should make putting practice a little more fun.

I started playing this game on May 28th. First round was a meager 370. Current high score 605. Started with an average of 382, current average is 520. Feeling much more confident. Was struggling at 20, now hitting 5/6 most rounds. Starting to see the crossover in rounds.

25 feet is also feeling more confident. Looking forward to testing it in a tournament this weekend.

Nice. On your high score round, You are putting around 80% out to 30 ft or slightly less than 80 and hitting a few of the 35 footers. Either way, your starting to putt.
I a have a brother in law that started playing with me last summer and his game/distance is catching up quick. But when I make a few longer par saves or 30+ bird, it breaks him down mentally in the game. It's kind of fun to give people a beat down with your putter. When I get a poor drive and/or up shot that's looking like a possible bogie, he is chomping at the bit to make one up .......then I save par and add pressure to his putt and turn the tables from loosing a shot to gaining a shot. Puts a devilish grin on my face every time. If I could get closer to 700 scores on average, I could post par and better on most courses around here...... Even with average drives only being around 300. The sucky part is, putter practice pisses off my bad back more than field work does? Or I would putt for an hr every day.

Nice. On your high score round, You are putting around 80% out to 30 ft or slightly less than 80 and hitting a few of the 35 footers. Either way, your starting to putt.
I a have a brother in law that started playing with me last summer and his game/distance is catching up quick. But when I make a few longer par saves or 30+ bird, it breaks him down mentally in the game. It's kind of fun to give people a beat down with your putter. When I get a poor drive and/or up shot that's looking like a possible bogie, he is chomping at the bit to make one up .......then I save par and add pressure to his putt and turn the tables from loosing a shot to gaining a shot. Puts a devilish grin on my face every time. If I could get closer to 700 scores on average, I could post par and better on most courses around here...... Even with average drives only being around 300. The sucky part is, putter practice pisses off my bad back more than field work does? Or I would putt for an hr every day.

I know you were asking Ashley - but here is my best round which is very similar:

610 - 6/6/5/3/1/5. The 30' just killed me or it would've been an amazing score. Was on a below average round but 5/6 from 35 is a TON of points. Worst thing is the other 35' shot was a pretty nasty chain out.

My second best round, which was more 'normal': 590 - 6/6/6/4/2/2

Overall through 16 rounds:
High: 610
Low: 320 (windy day of fail)
Average: 449

My % for each range: 99/93/65/47/27/24

I am definitely getting better and seeing my % slowly increase, as well as my overall score. Definitely seeing a difference on the course - especially in my willingness to run longer putts without fear of missing the comeback.

The willingness to run some longer putts without the fear of the comeback putt seems to be a common theme and I felt that way right away . but I have found my self running at stuff that I shouldn't and ending up with a bogie.:sick: Course management being more the issue than putting in most of those situations. Right to left wind, green sloping r to l........for me, that should be a lay up situation .

1025 paid off in my round yesterday. I made all of my putts inside the circle to tie my previous course record of -2....... My first time posting a -2 was with the help of an ace on #12...... I don't think any of my circle putts were longer than 25 ft yesterday, but stepping up to my putts without fear. Another benefit of putting practice is increased distance and power. What?......yah, putter power and more usable putting distance. Being able to put a putt on a 60 footer, instead ow an awkward distance up shot, is getting me more tap ins for par. I still haven't fully committed to a putting regimen , but minimal effort will still improve your game. I might throw some putts while grilling , or have few cold ones with the wife and putt around in the cool evening shade. I try to put in at least three solid , focused, rounds a week to test my progress. Even my sub par efforts have helped me find par on the course.:thmbup:

Congrats! Good work. I need to practice more, it has been a busy couple of months. :|

Not that I've put a bunch more effort into my putter......but I had a solid putter game at the local pic hand putt tonight. Made 4 putts in the 30 foot range, one 50 footer , and birdied 13 of 18.:clap: course was set up 180-250 ft on all the baskets. My tee shots were just so so, but my putter was hot. Still missed two twenty footers :thmbdown:. Could have easily posted -15 instead of -13. Wife also posted an even par tonight by making several 15-20 footers. :D
Another factor in our success tonight was a relaxed attitude towards the round. Not worried about posting record rounds or running out of daylight....just enjoying a cool summer evening with blue sky's and perfectly groomed grass. Had the park all to our selves . The wife even commented on how much she enjoyed that round. We used to rush to the ball golf course after work, warm up with half a bucket, head out for for some twilight, rush through the round to try and get 18 in.......it really wasn't that relaxing. I am really learning to enjoy and savor my dg rounds. And it costs a lot less!

I just got this app today after reading this thread. Looks like it will help or at least motivate me to practice.

First time using this app today and went 3 rds. 460, 535 and 600, falling off at 25ft each rd. However I improved from 30 and 35 that last rd, making 5 of final 12.

I can't seem to find a way to save the actual scorecard with the checks in the boxes. I see scores but I want to see where the consistence is and if I'm making all my first shots. I can do Screen shots, Or does the App do it and I just can't find it? Or I guess I could write it down, then I wouldn't need the app.

I scored a 610 today (best score out of three tries).

Screenshots work for sure, but I don't have much experience with the IOS app. I use the Web app on my Android phone.

I heard about the app for iPhone but can't find it in the app store, even when I go directly from the website it takes me to the app store, but does not follow through. Anyone else having this problem?

I heard about the app for iPhone but can't find it in the app store, even when I go directly from the website it takes me to the app store, but does not follow through. Anyone else having this problem?

Hi Josh, that is the weirdest thing. I just checked and concur 1025 no longer seems to be available on the iTunes store. Fortunately I already have the 1025 app, but still don't find it when I search disc golf or anything else related. It is also very odd because when I tap on the 1025 app under my 'purchased apps' list it goes to a blank screen instead of displaying the app details, reviews etc (I was gonna try to forward a link from there). Seems like some type of bug has occurred that I have never seen. Within the app there is contact email listed of [email protected] if you want to try and contact them.

Here's my current high score list on the app (*Mostly basement putting so no wind, but low ceiling affects the 35ft putts):

Rank Name Date Score
1. A Bee Jul 15, 2014, 9:41 PM 825
2. A Bee Feb 16, 2014, 8:29 PM 785
3. A Bee Feb 25, 2014, 9:03 PM 770
4. A Bee Jan 29, 2014, 6:50 PM 765
5. A Bee Jan 29, 2014, 11:04 AM 750
6. A Bee Feb 4, 2014, 4:49 PM 735
7. A Bee Feb 25, 2014, 9:19 PM 730
8. A Bee Feb 26, 2014, 10:53 PM 730
9. A Bee Mar 30, 2014, 8:43 PM 730
10. A Bee Jan 30, 2014, 8:03 AM 725
11. A Bee Mar 14, 2014, 10:10 PM 725
12. A Bee Mar 30, 2014, 8:11 PM 725
13. A Bee Jan 27, 2014, 1:19 PM 720
14. A Bee Mar 7, 2014, 10:30 PM 715
15. A Bee Feb 3, 2014, 10:01 PM 705
16. A Bee Feb 6, 2014, 8:37 PM 690
17. A Bee Apr 4, 2014, 9:24 PM 685
18. A Bee Mar 20, 2014, 11:27 AM 670
19. A Bee Apr 11, 2014, 10:22 PM 670
20. A Bee Jan 28, 2014, 5:34 PM 645

And my best game:

A Bee
10' ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ 80
15' ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ 115
20' ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ 150
25' O O ✔ ✔ ✔ O 75
30' ✔ ✔ O ✔ O ✔ 140
35' ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ ✔ 265
Total 825

Last edited:

New high score is 685. Starting to hit almost 50% of my 30 and 35 foot putts. Hit a 30 foot putt to save par on the course last night, because I stepped up to it and said I hit these half of the time. Lowest score in July is 590.

I think I am going to print off some of the templates here and use this as my new way of putting practice. I have my own basket but live in a APT so I don't get to putt as much as I would like. Time to find time for it!

Latest posts