• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Question on how to cut Fine Lines on Stencil dyes

will1442

Bogey Member
I am going to start trying some more in depth stencil dyes and have a question about fine lines. HOW DO YOU DO THEM? So say for the goku in the below link; how would you go about cutting his bicep, clothes lines, hair lines, etc.

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-869f33ff37552c739ce441069acb8812

If I just zacto a line (one cut) will the dye bleed through that single cut and make the line? Or is it much more technical than that?

Thanks

I am going to start trying some more in depth stencil dyes and have a question about fine lines. HOW DO YOU DO THEM? So say for the goku in the below link; how would you go about cutting his bicep, clothes lines, hair lines, etc.

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-869f33ff37552c739ce441069acb8812

If I just zacto a line (one cut) will the dye bleed through that single cut and make the line? Or is it much more technical than that?

Thanks

Yes, dye will get into a single cut. Though it sometimes takes quite a while for that to happen. It goes more quickly if you flex the disc some to "open" those cuts a little.

That said, I would not be doing it that way if I was doing that Goku dye. I would cut all of those lines as "double cuts", i.e. cutting both sides of every line and actually weeding out those pieces. It's a pain, but it looks better, imo. I very rarely single cut anything. The only one I can find in my album on here is this one:

picture.php

The outline of her body was all single cuts - you can see some small spots where the dye didn't get in the cut (her left leg just below the hip, the left side of her right leg by the ankle).

Thanks for the reply Roggen. Wish there was an easier way haha. I just don't know if I have a steady enough hand (or the artistic talent) to do cuts like that. I feel like those lines are so freakin thin.

Thanks for the reply Roggen. Wish there was an easier way haha. I just don't know if I have a steady enough hand (or the artistic talent) to do cuts like that. I feel like those lines are so freakin thin.

Yeah, I remember seeing people's dyes and thinking the same thing. It's just practice and patience.

Give it shot with single cuts and see how it turns out!

Latest posts