• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Question

lakitu

I am woundering what disc I should upgrade to? Or if I should? So I can throw my valk and sidewinder about 310 or so. I am thinking about getting either a beast or a archon. I'm just woundering what you all thought. Also I hope this is in the right place sorry if not. I can also throw my aviar 220 if that helps at all. Thanks in advance.

If you must have a Distance Driver in the bag a Valk isn't a bad one to have for that range. I'd be hesitant to throw anything faster until you're getting a good 350'+ out of it.

your aviar distance is pretty good just seems like you should be getting a lil more out of your distance drivers...i know its hard but i might hold off..the beast isnt a bad choice tho for next in line.. what fairway/mids you throwing?

I was in the same position about a year ago and switched to the Beast. The Beast is now my goto long range driver when I have more room to work with and do not have any headwind. Still use the TL in the woods and use an Orc or SL in the headwind depending on how strong the wind is. However, I am curious about the Archon and have one in the mail to try out. You can pick up a Beast for pretty cheap in the Marketplace. You will never know for sure until you try it out yourself.

Teebird is my fairway driver. I use a aviar,roc,teebird, valk,sidewinder,firebird if I need to gp hard right ever.

My valk is champ. All my discs are champ. One of the problems I'm having is I am turning all these discs over. The sidewinder just started to turn on me it used to be my straght driver. For me the sidewinder was a lil more stable because of weight its heavy for me

The SW is turning because you're getting it up to the appropriate speed, or you're OATing it. If you want to go one notch up instability get a C-TD, awesomely straight disc.
Throw the TB for straight 300'+ shots - it may be a bit overstable if its fairly new or if you're not getting it out that far. Its extremely long for a 'fairway' so don't limit the discs potential by getting stuck in that mindset.
Remember that the valk does hold the distance record... so a new disc is not going to magically get you a lot more distance. Work on hyzer-flipping them for some great distance and straight shots too.

Get yourself a light champ beast! The beast was my first distance driver and I still love to use it. I have a decent arm and don't typically turn it over. While I agree that a new player shouldn't buy a Boss or Ape, I don't think you can really grow without using something a little out of your league so get the beast and have fun learning to make it do your bidding!

Get yourself a light champ beast! The beast was my first distance driver and I still love to use it. I have a decent arm and don't typically turn it over. While I agree that a new player shouldn't buy a Boss or Ape, I don't think you can really grow without using something a little out of your league so get the beast and have fun learning to make it do your bidding!

Ok that makes sense. I will get a beast for sure. Thank you all for your help!

Latest posts