• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quitting Team Trilogy

Of course they are going to tell me everything they make is the next best thing, because I will give them money for it. And the facebook group and the team only takes the misinformation one step further, looking at it now, its disgusting.

So I decided I've had enough. I love disc golf, but I do not love how commercial it has become. I'm selling off most of my collection. I'm done being a walking advertisement.
This is what's known as advertising, and yes it is very effective. This kind of disillusionment is one of the reasons I've been against the faux-eliteism of team toolagy from the first time I read about it.

On the other hand, OP, no one held a gun to your head and forced you to throw discs from a specific manufacturer or group of manufacturer. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater here. Keep the discs that work for you and use the resources available to you here and elsewhere to slot in discs that will fill holes for you.

On the subject of obsolescence: It's a frisbee man, it really doesn't become obsolete. Even innovative companies like MVP aren't exactly re-inventing the mousetrap, they're just making tweaks. Look at two of my favorite discs, the Comet and the Teebird. They were around years ago when I learned to play, and they're still mainstays of many bags over a decade later. Sometimes a disc like the Firebird is a classic for a reason. It's a great 9 speed headwind disc, and way easier to throw than that Stiletto.

So you couldn't find a single disc out of the whole Trilogy line up to handle wind? That's silly.

Try the XXX if the Stiletto was too much for you, it's basically a Firebird.

I've heard the Trident is an even slower beefcake as well.
LMAO, hell no. I have a GL XXX and it's WAY beefier than the Firebird. It was a terrible choice (for me at least). Also, I love how team toolagy folks make recommendations based on "what they've heard".

Last edited:
the team trilogy people are going to find and kill you like you stole liam neeson's daughter.

they probably also don't want me pointing out that Feldy just released an in the bag vid where he talked about needing more stable versions of Lat 64's lineup... kind of makes sense right.

XXX is ok in the wind. Suspect sux in the wind. nothing slower than the trident or xxx can handle a headwind.

I think we've all been there to some extent... maybe not a fanboy of a specific brand, but over plasticing of the bags. I say pick 3 or 4 of your favorite molds and stick with those and only those for a few months. Once you feel you have a need that is not filled by any of those molds add one disc in to see if it fits. Rinse and Repeat.

Hell, my buddy Steve has like 30 different discs in his overstuffed bag and he still beats me even throwing discs he doesn't know the name of. OP needs to take some personal responsibility and quit blaming Trilogy. Goodness.

I'd also like to hear from Steeze to see If the OP was even a member of Team Trilogy or this is just a well - crafted bit of trolling that we just fell for.

Cut down on the number of molds in your bag, and go buy a heavy Z Wasp and maybe an Eagle X or something.

Also, next time don't take advice on which molds to buy from rabid fanboys and sponsored players. Consider the source.

trilogy wind discs: Enforcer, XXX, Stiletto, Trident, Scythe, Harp, Sinus.

I personally think they need a midrange that can compete with the Gator or Drone and the Verdict or Mace isn't the answer for me. They also need a overstable putter that you can side arm, I personally have a hard time with the Harp or Sinus, the Discraft zone is awesome for sidearming. Maybe they need to beef up the Suspect, it has potential, but it flips in the wind for me.

As for something being commercial, what would you expect from living in the US, we are a capitalistic country. Try starting your own business and see how important advertising is for you, it is very important and that is part of running a business. Remember, we live in a capitalistic country, live with it

Wait...team trilogy is more than just a stupid name?? :confused:

You mean they actually "sponsor" people like OP?!?! :eek:

It seems like they have extreme beef and flippy but no mid-beef.

The whining in here is right on par with the usual DGCR threads. :clap:

Hit an ace with a Sinus in a 25mph headwind yesterday. Only trilogy disc in my bag.

Awesome man. I flicked a sinus 50 ft around a row of trees and sunk a birdie putt not too long ago, was my second time out with it. Good windy day disc too.

I have found the Suspect to be very reliable in the wind when thrown with a small degree of hyzer. It is also my go - to forehand ing disc. I also enjoyed the Harp but not in BT Soft. It and the Sinus would probably be very good discs in premium plastic if they were ever able to figure out the weight issues.

My headwind distance driver is the Giant. Even my Air Giant at 155g laughs at a headwind while still being very controllable and workable for my moderate amount of arm speed and skill.

I again postulate that the OP is trolling or flaming or whatever the applicable jargon is.

Latest posts