• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quote Notifications & Spoiler Tags

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Added a couple of new things to the forum this afternoon. First off, quote notifications. If someone quotes you you should get a notification where you see your PMs, etc. to let you know. It might not work 100% of the time (ie. it's possible it might miss a quote) but should be pretty useful and it's a thing that people have asked for.

Second, is the spoiler tag. There's a new "Spoil" button in the editor or you can just surround text in SPOILER bbcode to get the effect.

Spoiled text

Thanks, Timg!

A few notes so far:

It seems that the spoiler tag only works once per post.
Quote notifications tell you the thread you were quoted in but don't direct you to the post.

Does it direct you to the thread?

I'll look into the dual spoiler thing... might only be able to do one per post.

Does it direct you to the thread?

I'll look into the dual spoiler thing... might only be able to do one per post.
That's what I got so far. Not sure how to get back to the notification.

Question(s):

If someone on your ignore list quotes you, will it still give you a quote notification (quotification)? Follow up: is there a way to turn this off in user CP somehow?

Question(s):

If someone on your ignore list quotes you, will it still give you a quote notification (quotification)? Follow up: is there a way to turn this off in user CP somehow?
I don't know about the ignore thing. Currently there isn't a way to turn it off, that's something I'd have to hack together. I can turn off the notifications thing so it only shows on the main page of your User CP but that's a global setting.

Last edited:
Multiple spoiler tags should work now as well.

I don't know about the ignore thing. Currently there isn't a way to turn it off, that's something I'd have to hack together. I can turn off the notifications thing so it only shows on the main page of your User CP but that's a global setting.

Cool, no worries, just curious. Have Zenbot quote me and we'll find out. :| Just kidding, Zenny!

I just installed a new quote notifier thing. Not sure how it works so let me know :)

Not sure how it works . . .

I just spent 15 wasted minutes trying to figure out how to find out when I have messages by trying to find the inbox and my old messages.

So if you have messages, which might be the most important thing on the site to catch up on, you have to come to the site, click on "Forums," and then click on the cryptic link "CP" (User Control Panel) to find a link to "Messages" and then you have to click there and make sure it shows your "Inbox." In other words, it's basically hidden. Am I missing something? :wall:

You're talking about private messages? Or the quote notifications? To check your PMs just click Forums and in the upper right corner under your name there is a link for "Private Messages". Quote notifications are in your forum profile (ie. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/member.php?u=36916) and there is a Quotes tab at the far right end.

Nice enhancements, Tim. :thmbup:

I love spoiler tags but I loathe quote notifications. As a post whore I get quoted a lot and I'm too OCD to ignore them. It's a personal problem I'll have to deal with.

I love spoiler tags but I loathe quote notifications. As a post whore I get quoted a lot and I'm too OCD to ignore them. It's a personal problem I'll have to deal with.

This!

Plus it sends me a quotification when I quote someone else, too! Is this happening to everyone or just me?

Latest posts