• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rad article about disc golf media

Did Kilgus move to the land down under?

I was restraining myself from describing this as Salient-level tone-deafness. Of course, it's not really at that level---such entertainment comes along but once in a lifetime---but a little reminiscent of the style.

Dgp is all about getting credit...the courses they make are named 'discgolfpark' on all the giant signs and tees around the place. Even older established courses getting a revamp with new baskets/signs get the rebranding.

Like......watermarks?

Dgp is all about getting credit...the courses they make are named 'discgolfpark' on all the giant signs and tees around the place. Even older established courses getting a revamp with new baskets/signs get the rebranding.

Like......watermarks?

This isn't exactly true, or at least the way you're phrasing it makes the intent seem devious. When DiscGolfPark labeling is put on something, it means either there's an IP component (i.e. we did the design) or the course owners/club asked for the labeling in order to identify their course as a DGP.

Example: I sold the TeePads to Gleneagles, and it's not a DiscGolfPark. Its name has regular 'ol DGC lettering in it.

If something different was being done down in Oz, then that's really disheartening to hear. DGP association is meant to be positive and collaborative, not invasive.

Didn't mean for it to come across that way. If DGP (or anyone else in the business) puts in a course, I support their having their name associated with it---in the course name, on the signs, or somewhere.

I believe I saw that these folks are now, or formerly, DGP associates, and I grant them the same. But it would be hypocritical to put the labeling on DGP components, while chastising someone else for wanting to do the same (watermarks or credits for the photographer).

Only aiming my guns at them, not the rest of the DGP world. Sorry if it didn't come across that way.

Didn't mean for it to come across that way. If DGP (or anyone else in the business) puts in a course, I support their having their name associated with it---in the course name, on the signs, or somewhere.

I believe I saw that these folks are now, or formerly, DGP associates, and I grant them the same. But it would be hypocritical to put the labeling on DGP components, while chastising someone else for wanting to do the same (watermarks or credits for the photographer).

Only aiming my guns at them, not the rest of the DGP world. Sorry if it didn't come across that way.

No harm, no foul. Just trying to err on the side of clarity. I mainly just quoted yours so that the whole conversation was inline, I thought the "watermark" quip was clever! :D

Wow - that 'article' was a nasty pile of self-justifying bull****.

"For the betterment of disc golf, you need to be a good little media person and not ask for credit when we use your work for free."

I believe the correct response is - **** you, pay me.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Is RAD still affiliated with DGP? About a year and a half ago a local park bought 18 tees for a course at my recommendation from DGP and there's another course in need of tees and if DGP is being silly like this I may change my recommendation.

Gotta say though...those turf tees are freaking awesome.

-Dave

Nate described them as formerly Discgolfpark Australia.

But even if they are affiliated, I wouldn't put too much weight into what one affiliate on the other side of the world is saying.

Led to believe they parted ways after a business falling out with Jussi. Think RAD even has sourced their own baskets now.

They do really good things to grow the sport, then post up something like that article. Undoing so much good with one bone headed move. It's baffling.

Is RAD still affiliated with DGP? About a year and a half ago a local park bought 18 tees for a course at my recommendation from DGP and there's another course in need of tees and if DGP is being silly like this I may change my recommendation.

Gotta say though...those turf tees are freaking awesome.

-Dave

No, not affiliated.

Stoked to hear you guys are liking the TeePads up in MI! If any of the courses need signage upgrades check out that service we offer. We can customize them pretty heavily too - colors, logos, sponsors, etc. I think it's our next best product behind the TeePads if I'm ranking the individual pieces of equipment we sell.

No, not affiliated.

Stoked to hear you guys are liking the TeePads up in MI! If any of the courses need signage upgrades check out that service we offer. We can customize them pretty heavily too - colors, logos, sponsors, etc. I think it's our next best product behind the TeePads if I'm ranking the individual pieces of equipment we sell.

Excellent!

Dude...they get rave reviews from everyone that plays on them. We have a large contingent from South Bend that play our events now and then and you might be seeing some sales from that area as some of those old courses start relocating or replacing tees. (Rum Village is a prime candidate IMHO because they just redesigned and need a fair number of new tees.) I find it funny how after playing a bunch of rounds on a turf tee when you go to another course you realize how much you dislike concrete tees.

And yes, you fellas make some excellent signs but I'm sure you'll understand when I say we went with a local sign company to make them and they turned out great. While I have no problem doing business with DGP I do try to "shop local" when the situation permits.

We have a local muni that needs to put in tee pads on another course and I think I have them convinced to buy the DGP tees. :thmbup: Feel free to call me a DGP turf tee fanboi.

Product idea: Come up with a turf product that can be easily installed over existing concrete tees.

-Dave

Excellent!

Dude...they get rave reviews from everyone that plays on them. We have a large contingent from South Bend that play our events now and then and you might be seeing some sales from that area as some of those old courses start relocating or replacing tees. (Rum Village is a prime candidate IMHO because they just redesigned and need a fair number of new tees.) I find it funny how after playing a bunch of rounds on a turf tee when you go to another course you realize how much you dislike concrete tees.

And yes, you fellas make some excellent signs but I'm sure you'll understand when I say we went with a local sign company to make them and they turned out great. While I have no problem doing business with DGP I do try to "shop local" when the situation permits.

We have a local muni that needs to put in tee pads on another course and I think I have them convinced to buy the DGP tees. :thmbup: Feel free to call me a DGP turf tee fanboi.

Product idea: Come up with a turf product that can be easily installed over existing concrete tees.

-Dave

Totally understand wanting to buy local, especially for signage since it's a custom-job industry a lot of the time. I definitely respect that.

DGP definitely has more products in the R&D phases, but Jussi might not let me sell DGP anymore if I divulge what he's cooking up, so I have to leave it at that! ;)

Who are you working with if you don't mind me asking? I know Dana, Avery, and Steve Braud have been killing it lately.

Totally understand wanting to buy local, especially for signage since it's a custom-job industry a lot of the time. I definitely respect that.

DGP definitely has more products in the R&D phases, but Jussi might not let me sell DGP anymore if I divulge what he's cooking up, so I have to leave it at that! ;)

Who are you working with if you don't mind me asking? I know Dana, Avery, and Steve Braud have been killing it lately.

I pretty sure it was Dana.

Latest posts