• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rainy Day Bag

knettles

Double Eagle Member
There was a thread related to this, but it was about 2 years old, so I decided to just start a new one.

I'm thinking about getting small bag (Voodoo Juju) to use just when it's raining. There will be a whole set of discs that I'll just keep in that bag. So far, this is my proposed setup:

Putters-
Vibram Ridge
Innova R-Pro Rhyno

Mids-
Vibram Ibex
Vibram Obex

Fairways-
Vibram Trak
Vibram Ascent

Drivers-
Vibram Lace
Innova R-Pro Boss

This may still allow me one or two more discs in the bag. I would like to keep the plastics to Vibram and R-Pro because I believe those to be the best when wet. That however severely reduces the amount of molds available. So, I was just curious if anyone had any ideas on other/more discs that could work for this setup. Any input appreciated. :)

Well, knettles I know this is a year old but I'd suggest a Wingate soft wizard. Really grippy, especially beat in. Or Google "love's discs". I love his putters, really grippy rain or shine.

Well, knettles I know this is a year old but I'd suggest a Wingate soft wizard. Really grippy, especially beat in. Or Google "love's discs". I love his putters, really grippy rain or shine.
Wingate? Gah I was drunk, I meant gateway of course..

I too have a cold weather wet day bag and while I don't own any Vibram discs, I do have R-Pro's.

A week ago, I took most of my discs out to a field on a wet 40 degree day and threw everything to see what worked best and this is what remained in the bag.

Yeti (R-Pro)
Aviar Driver (G*)
Suspect (Bio Fuzion)
Drone (FLX)
Roc (DX)
Mako 3 (G*)
Roc 3 (G*)
Teebird (DX)
Banshee (Star)
Thunderbird (G*)
Escape (Fuzion)
Starfire (Star)
Wraith (DX)
All of these held up well for me even when damp.

All my champion or champion like plastics came out. No matter how much I dried them off, I couldn't get a decent grip on them.

Latest posts