• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Raising Course Funds by Selling Hole Sponsorships

cdavid74

Bogey Member
Hey Everybody,

I need examples of courses that were funded, at least in part, by the selling of hole sponsorships. To be specific I need examples in which businesses/organizations/persons donated money towards construction of a disc golf course and in turn were recognized by the inclusion of their logo/name on a tee sign for a specific hole.

All I need is the course name, and city and state in which it is located.

Edit - It would also help to know whether the course is on public or private property.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
I believe Deerfield Park in Mt Pleasant, MI sold hole sponsorships. The pictures on this site don't have them, but now there are metal plates on each tee sign with the name of a person or business. It is in a county park.

Deerfield park is an awesome technical course :)
And yes they did. They have small plaques on the tee sign post. I have a pic of the sledding hill tee sign, let me see if I can upload it from my phone... Nope. I'll link it.
photo.php

LTC Cleveland in Cleveland, WI, was pretty much 100% funded through hole sponsorships and selling ad space on the info/events kiosk near Hole #1. It was slow going at first, making cold calls and trying to convince business owners who'd never heard of "disc golf" that their money was going to a good cause for the community, but by the time we hit the home stretch (i.e. close to our fundraising goal, course installation completed but lacking proper signs and tees), we had people calling us to see if they could still get on board! We actually had to turn some potential sponsors away because we just had no more ad space to sell!

The course is on "private" campus property, but it's open and free to the public. Heck, students need a parking pass just to park on the property, but so far the DG crowd has a free pass to use the lots without passes or permits!

Here's our signs (sure, I'll shamelessly plug the one my siblings and I sponsored! :p)

0e169e41.jpg

Decatur City Park Decatur, TN

This hole is sponsored by the Piggly Wiggly, a supermarket. I believe each had their own sponsor ranging from a dentist to a hardware store.

68b01edc.jpg

I currently have 9 baskets sitting at my elementary school in SC waiting installation. I went around and asked local businesses to sponsor holes for a permanent advertisement. They each gave $300 dollars for a lifetime spot. Most courses do a $500 for a two year deal.

LTC Cleveland in Cleveland, WI, was pretty much 100% funded through hole sponsorships and selling ad space on the info/events kiosk near Hole #1. It was slow going at first, making cold calls and trying to convince business owners who'd never heard of "disc golf" that their money was going to a good cause for the community, but by the time we hit the home stretch (i.e. close to our fundraising goal, course installation completed but lacking proper signs and tees), we had people calling us to see if they could still get on board! We actually had to turn some potential sponsors away because we just had no more ad space to sell!

The course is on "private" campus property, but it's open and free to the public. Heck, students need a parking pass just to park on the property, but so far the DG crowd has a free pass to use the lots without passes or permits!

Here's our signs (sure, I'll shamelessly plug the one my siblings and I sponsored! :p)

0e169e41.jpg

Nice! You deserve to plug yourself. :thmbup: (That doesn't sound as good as I meant it).

Mt Airy in Cincinnati and Idlewild in Burlington, Ky were installed using funds from hole sponsors.

Eagle Country DGC in Alpena, MI has the front 9 holes sponsored by local businesses and individuals
Lumberjack Meadows DGC in Alpena, MI has several hole sponsors, but not for every hole

Caution:Work with park owner with sponsorship promises. Offering lifetime or long time duration sponsorships without control of course is a bit misrepresenting. I know a course with lifetime sponsorships where new park board decided to remake signs without sponsors names. New park board never saw the cash since it was spent before their arrival so they saw no need to have the names on the signs.

Course is still in no one really complained, but my history with disc golf is there are lots of promises made in exchange for funding with good intentions but no delivery. Sad but true.