• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Random Question

myroomisajunkyard

Bogey Member
I was looking through Equipment and I can't find what i was looking for so hence new thread.. I'm currently throwing a DX Roc, .. Im It's starting to get battle scars from hitting the baskets by "near aces" I'm thinking of changing disc by buying a Star Roc, so it'd be durable..

But i see bunch of Roc's out there, Rancho, San Marino, and etc.. What are the differences, or they're all the same? Is one of them as close as the roc i have, if so which one?
Help much apprecicated!

IMG_8193__08625_zoom.jpg

I'd go with a 12x KC Pro Roc. It'll be the same mold as your DX (rancho), and it's a bit more durable. The Star San Marino is based off a different mold, which I have no experience with.

get a kc pro roc, but keep throwing the dx one. it will continue to improve with age. if it's really that seasoned from hitting baskets then by all means - keep throwing it! it's working for you.

The different molds have to do
With stability. From stable to
Under stable

Rancho
Roc +
San Marino
Ontario

Then different plastics also play a role in the stability. I personally did not see a difference in the molds until I got some of each and went and did some field testing. I now carry 5 rocs and each a different mold

Last edited:
The simplest answer is almost certainly the most correct.

In this case, just keep buying dx rocs. Forget about anything except dx ranchos. Learn the wear cycle, love the wear cycle.

I have a Star San Marino that I hate. Like everyone says, go DX. Plus, they're like 8 bucks, so you get two fresh ones for the price of a new Star.

Now if they ever made Star Ranchos without the plus rim...

I carry 4 rocs; 2 dx 1 light and beat good turnovers, 1 newer dx straight with a touch of fade, 1 kc pro dead nuts straight start to finish, and 1 star san marino when i need a bit more stability for my shot I can give this a little anny release and it will still fade out left RHBH. Search roc there is a thread on here that runs down all the different molds and the little differences between them. If I wasn't at work i'd look for it for you.

I like the San Marino mold. I have a Star and a couple DXs in the San Marino mold and I also have a Champion Roc + that I'm loving right now. Try out a couple and see what works the best for you

Roc will not search well. Search rancho it will serve better results. I carry 4 rocs also. 1 fresh dx rancho 1 seasoned rancho, 1 flat top rancho and a kc pro. With these all my mid game is covered. The roc is THE mid to get. I feel everyone should give it a chance at some point in their throwing career. Cycle ranchos, toss in a kc pro call it a day. End of thread goodnight :)

get a kc pro roc, but keep throwing the dx one. it will continue to improve with age. if it's really that seasoned from hitting baskets then by all means - keep throwing it! it's working for you.

This! The more battle scars you get on a Roc, the straighter it will fly (to a certain extent). Unless it starts flipping on you consistently, you'll get the best flight out of an experienced Roc.

Yep, you have a Rancho Roc. The KC Pro ones are also rancho and a little more durable. All the other rocs are different, pretty much. I'd say just keep throwing the one you have and add a KC pro for a little more durability and stability.

It almost seems unreal that your DX Roc is getting too beat in. I had this Roc that was given to me by a guy who had it for a couple years, an I threw it for 6 months and the most under-stable it got was straight flying. Just keep buying DX Rocs. Once you get to where your form is good and what not, 3 or 4 rocs should do you some good.

A local pro has been throwing 3 KC Pro rocs since 07. He still has an over-stable, straight, and under-stable one. Just got to figure out the wear cycle.

I carry 6 rocs on me at all times and they cover all of my midrange game except for the super duper stable shot which I have a gator for. Stability goes from overstable to roller. Champ rancho roc, 06 special blend rancho, Dx Ontario, Dx Rancho, Dx Rancho, Dx Rancho. Just get more rocs and start cycling them. Find the ones that fit well in ur hand and get a bunch, you will not be sorry. My favorite throwers are dx ontarios because they flip to flat for me right out of the box and when beat in a little bit they have a late turn to then that makes them so good for dead straight hyzerflips.

Thanks everybody, i'lll use the same Dx and get another Dx Roc, I like the Star plastic though so i was hoping to find something similiar..