• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rate My Bag

Been playing for just over a year. i throw rhbh and get drives out to about 325 -340

drivers:
167g pro wraith
175g champ orc
169g champ orc
175g champ beast
169g champ beast
169g champ sidewinder
169g elite z predator
175g champ teebird

mids:
169g elite z wasp
180g esp buzzz
177g elite x buzzz
172g elite x buzzz
178g esp meteor

putt and approach:
172g pro d zone (used for approaches and upshots)
172g pro d zone
167g jk pro aviar (main putter)
172g jk pro aviar

from time to time i will put my rhyno in my bag but it tends to roll away from the basket alot and have decided to just keep the zones as my approach

please critique this or recommend a disc you think will really help me..thanks!

I think you're doing pretty well on the putters and mids - 10/10.

Drivers: Not too much wrong here either... if you are looking to disc up at all you might add a Surge (quite similar to a wraith, probably more overstable than your pro wraith) or Star/Champ Destroyer. Does your predator get a lot of action? I'm guessing it does since it's the only real overstable driver in your bag, maybe pick another pred up. A champ banshee would also be a good one to try if you're looking to pick up another overstable hog. You could also add another fairway driver; Eagle, Leopard, TL, etc. 9/10

honestly i mostly use my orc and beast on drives..i mainly bought my pred for tomos and thumbers but found my teebird works best for me...i have been using my pred more now so i have thought about picking up another one...is there a plastic you would recommend besides the z? and i have been thinking about a leopard for a long time...my buddy has one and he loves it

Been playing for just over a year. i throw rhbh and get drives out to about 325 -340

drivers:
167g pro wraith
175g champ orc
169g champ orc
175g champ beast
169g champ beast
169g champ sidewinder
169g elite z predator
175g champ teebird

mids:
169g elite z wasp
180g esp buzzz
177g elite x buzzz
172g elite x buzzz
178g esp meteor

putt and approach:
172g pro d zone (used for approaches and upshots)
172g pro d zone
167g jk pro aviar (main putter)
172g jk pro aviar

from time to time i will put my rhyno in my bag but it tends to roll away from the basket alot and have decided to just keep the zones as my approach

please critique this or recommend a disc you think will really help me..thanks!

honestly i mostly use my orc and beast on drives..i mainly bought my pred for tomos and thumbers but found my teebird works best for me...i have been using my pred more now so i have thought about picking up another one...is there a plastic you would recommend besides the z? and i have been thinking about a leopard for a long time...my buddy has one and he loves it

The Z Predator would be my top choice for this disc. As the current one beats in, it will become less overstable, and turn into a nice stable driver. Beat 'em in, then add a new one...

As far as the distance drivers, which one do you like the best? Wraith, Orc, Sidewinder, or Beast? I'd pick one if you could, maybe the Orc...Wraith is a bit fast, maybe.

You could add another fairway driver, like a Gazelle, Eagle, Cyclone, Leopard...the Teebird is nice, but basically a straight flyer. One of these other would help with other lines.

Mids and putter look good, I'm a fan of minimal molds, but these are all nice discs, IMO.

Looks like a leopard would be a good fit to give you another controllable fairway driver, I find myself reaching for the fairway drivers more and more off the T as my RHBH shots get longer, it's easier to get a consistent shot w/ fairway vs. distance drivers

I'm messing around with PDs / Eagle-Xs / DX/champ TeeBird in my fairway slot atm, that's the heaviest "competition" in my bag right now

I like your bag. The Beasts and SWs probably overlap a bit, I'd drop the Sidewinder down to a Leopard or TL if you can power down. Add a Stalker if you feel like there's a gap b/w your Buzzz and Teebird.

It seems like you could go with one or the other with the Orcs and the Wraith. Is there a reason you carry all three?

The orc is def my main driver...I had one and lost it and recently won two in a dubs tourney that's why I carry the wraith and orc...I have a beat in beast so I could get rid of the sidewinder and just use the boss...I don't feel there's a gap between my buzz an teebird though I love my buzzes..I'm gonna pick up a leopard and another pred and take my sidewinder out and see what happens

Also...I was wondering if I should use my aviars as my approaches and pick up a couple magics or voodoos to putt with...to have an understable putter which might be better for me

Also...I was wondering if I should use my aviars as my approaches and pick up a couple magics or voodoos to putt with...to have an understable putter which might be better for me

I'd try out some Organic Soft Wizards, you might drop JK aviars altogether.

Hmm...ill see if I can find them...I'm not married to the soft putter...I use the soft aviars cause they're really not that soft...so would a medium wizard be worth trying?

Medium Wiz is pretty hard like KC Pro. Soft isn't really that soft either.

Thanks...I guess ill try to get my hands on some and see what they feel like...I've heard a lot about the wizard but haven't ever used one but if its better than my aviars ill be very impressed

Most Gateway softs are still a bit firm (firmer than the JK Pros), but have decent grip. IMO, you get better control out of them. If you like the flight of the JK Pro, try a Wizard. I really like the Voodoo, not quite as stable, but a bit faster. Very nice neutral disc with low fade.

I would avoid alot of different putter molds. I think a good versatile one that allows you to throw alot of different lines, approaches, etc will make your short game better. No sin to have one for true putting and another type for the rest, but keep it simple.

Yeah I'd never have more than two molds for putts and approaches if I could find one I like for both I'd def just keep one...pretty pumped to try a wizard

Latest posts