• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rebel vs. Flak-X?

PMantle

* Ace Member *
Having never seen these in person and with little chance to ever do so, I ask your thoughts. I whittled it down to these two because of the open top. I do not like the pull out sideways design of most other packs. I have failed with two prior DIY bags because of how different play is compared to my Deluxe. I do not and will not carry a stool unless it is necessary for comfortable disc selection.

So, how do I choose?

The flak x is awesome! (If it doesn't fall apart 5 rounds after you have it. Supposed to be getting fixed but we will see.) I love how comfortable it is and how well the storage works with it. Since you don't carry a stool, not have a stool strap won't bother oh either.

I have yet to see a backpack style bag with the comfort of the Rebel or Shift. I own the shift and love it. The Rebel bag has more space and is just as comfortable. If I had the cash I would purchase the discounted Rebel V1 without hesitation.

Rebel is legit. Sweet deal on the v1.0 right now. Bag is incredibly comfortable, stands like a champ, has tons o padding, and is very light weight. Rain fly is boss also. I carry 22 very easily.

Rebel is legit. Sweet deal on the v1.0 right now. Bag is incredibly comfortable, stands like a champ, has tons o padding, and is very light weight. Rain fly is boss also. I carry 22 very easily.

If I do it, I'm going new version.

I too hate the sideways storage on backpacks. Leaning over and hunched around sucks. The Shift is awesome at eliminating that. Functions like a standard bag with the comfort of a backpack. I would guess the Rebel is similar. Great designs

I own both the Rebel and the Shift. I love the rebel for when I need more space and its so comfy when it is loaded. The inner brace helps a lot with that. I usually use the Shift bag during regular rounds and the weight of the bag is so light plus the water bottle in the middle helps with the weight distribution. I currently have 20 discs in my shift bag maxed out. Fell in love with the Shift so much I pre ordered for the new version coming out next month. Love the Rebel and the Shift. A huge plus also is that the warranty is real easy with them. They go by your email address or order date not your receipt or some form to turn in. They also have a upgrade program called refresh for when you want to upgrade your old bag to a new version.

Latest posts