• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Reccomended me some Rain Gear

MoundsPounds

Bogey Member
I searched around for what people are wearing in the rain. I saw a shoe post, but other then that, nothing. I'm sure someone has put some recommendations down before but I couldn't find it. So if there is already a thread about rain gear please just point me in the right direction.

If not, what works well for comfortable play in the rain. I thought about a Pancho, but not sure if that would get in the way with motion. Please share your ideas.

Look at Rei. Marmot makes a great waterproof jacket the name escapes me. They have marching pants also. Invest in something good and it will keep you dry. Event and gore tex are top notch waterproof breathable jackets. Rei also has a house brand that is very nice as well. I can put my jacket into a side pocket on my bag easy, and with proper layering I can go into some cold weather with this jacket.

http://www.rei.com/product/804391/marmot-precip-rain-jacket-mens

http://www.rei.com/product/804393/marmot-precip-full-zip-rain-pants-mens

http://www.rei.com/product/854373/rei-havenpass-event-jacket-mens

I have the last one I linked. Got it at a garage sale they used to hold at the stores. Kept me dry in super heavy rain multiple times backpacking. Actually could see stream rising out of it when I would rest. Very breathable.

I use a marmot jacket when its cold as its insulated and a Patagonia thin rain coat if its just raining these are nice to get a little big so you can wear a hoody under it if necessary I've had both since last winter and havnt gotten wet yet!

I have a rain shell (with hood) from Sierra Designs called a "Hurricane Jacket" that I can stuff into the second bottle holder of my simian. Got it on sale from REI.

I have a rain shell (with hood) from Sierra Designs called a "Hurricane Jacket" that I can stuff into the second bottle holder of my simian. Got it on sale from REI.

I have a Sierra designs also and it stopped being waterproof after a couple weeks the Patagonia has lasted over a year and Im always dry even in the monsoon rains we've been having this weekend.

I have the REI brand rainjacket in blue, works great. I believe it's the rainwall.

Last edited:
Check out some ball golf retailers. End of season sometimes will bring along some good deals on accessories. Good place to find a nice, compact rain outfit.

Frogg Toggs very flexible, super light, keeps you dry... amazing product for the price...

Agree with Frogg Toggs. I found about them when I got caught in rain and was under a bridge, another motorcyclist stopped and showed and told me about his Frogg Toggs gear. Breathes, light weight. Cost is great compared to some gear out their.

Spend the money and get a product that says, Gortex. I've used a lot of different rain gear over many years of hunting and fishing, and disc golf of course. Spend the money and get good stuff and take care of it. Gortex is the original and still the best.

I went to Dicks sporting goods. They have rain jackets for as low as $40. I got a pair of Columbia rain pants on clearance for $30! Also, Smartwool socks from REI are very nice to have!

Last edited:
Thread Resurrection!

What raincoats do pros like J. Roan and P. McBeth wear?
Looking to get something similar, but I really just want something that will keep me dry
and won't mess with my throwing motion.

I've got a Marmot rainshell from REI that was in the $100 range. Really light but very waterproof. North Face, Columbia and Mountain Hardwear all have in the $100 slot that are comparable. Go to a REI (or similar store) and find the one that fits you the best.

The REI Anniversary Sale starts on Friday. There is usually some rain gear on sale. I have Marmot gear and agree with the above comments of price point, quality and various manufactures. I purchased the Marmot because it was on comfortable, lightweight and on sale.

I've got a Marmot rainshell from REI that was in the $100 range. Really light but very waterproof. North Face, Columbia and Mountain Hardwear all have in the $100 slot that are comparable. Go to a REI (or similar store) and find the one that fits you the best.

^^This^^

I have a Marmot rain shell as well. Great product

Living in the PacNW, rain is a deal. GoreTex is good very good, but I like eVent just as much. I have several hooded goretex jackets (sierra designs and a 15+ year old Marmot Alpinist that still gets used) as well as several eVent jackets (one is Blackcomb - made in Canada and I'd put it up against Arcteryx gear for build quality) My favorite rain jacket for disc golf though is a jacket designed for cycling made by Showers Pass out of Portland. (Elite 2.1) It's an eVent shell with TONS of ventilation options. What I like most about this jacket is the long fit in the arms and lower back and the zippered back pocket which is perfect for keeping a towel or two (out of the rain). These are not inexpensive jackets, but if you're serious about playing in the rain - there is no better jacket. If you're a cyclist who rides in the rain - this is a no brainer. Barring wipeouts - it will last a lifetime. (Mine is now 3 years old with well over 150 days on it with no issues) http://www.campmor.com/showers-pass...I&srccode=cii_13736960&cpncode=34-186424502-2

If not, what works well for comfortable play in the rain. I thought about a Pancho, but not sure if that would get in the way with motion. Please share your ideas.

I carry a poncho when I think it may rain. Mostly because it's small and easy to put on and take off. Also I can hide my bag under it. I like it better than a coat or suit.

Latest posts