• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Recommend me a glidey hyzer flip driver

I throw Saint and Heat. Saint goes a little further for me. Probably not as far as you throw them, so maybe Saint or Saint Pro if you think you would turn the Saint over too much. It glides for days.

If you are looking for a more of a fair way driver - Discmania G-Line FD.
If you are looking for more of a max distance driver - MVP Proton Wave

Gold Line Saints are great, I personally use S-FDs and S-TDs as my hyzer flip drivers and turnover discs maxing out around 400'. I have a pretty flippy PD as well, but I stick to mostly Discmania stuff. I also really like 750 plastic F7s and Stalkers for hyzer flips. So many options.

Really glad to hear you're healing up and getting stronger. It's a slow climb, but you'll get there. I'll never be what I was, but I just alter expectations and have fun now, so not all bad.

Glide is such a weird thing to quantify. As far as the Relay, I think it glides well, or at least is faster than what you'd expect given the rim width. Certainly not a brick. I wouldn't say it glides as well as maybe a River, but to me that's a plus because it feels a little more consistent and less finicky. I'm throwing a 166g currently, so maybe that helps.

Tons of discs though for this shot...all the suggestions already in this thread and maybe Pro Leo, Leo3, River, and more I've never thrown. Or a little faster and the Axiom Virus is in play. Also throwing mine in Neutron and I actually think it has a lot of glide. Even at 300ish feet I can Hyzer flip that one a little bit.
Thanks! It has been tough, but I'm glad to put my struggles behind me and start moving on. Sorry to hear that you've had such trouble, I can't imagine what it's like. I am very lucky to not be walking with a limp or anything right now. Yea, glide is kinda weird but that Heat I had glided like no other disc I've thrown, so I figured maybe I should start letting the disc work for me :thmbup:.
What they said.

I was leaning toward suggesting new molds, but this seems a good option. Any reason you didn't want another?
I have a Z Heat that I got from Sidewinder for drawing the fish stamp, but it is significantly overstable and doesn't fly the same as the AR Heat I had. I think the mold is different because the AR Heat had that convex understable rim that was like a flying saucer.

I think I might go to the disc store today even though it is raining. I just want to say thanks again to everyone, I really appreciate your help! I'm going to review stuff online here and make a list of discs to scope out in the store. I think I'll be looking at an FD, River, Leopard, and maybe a Valk, Avenger and a few others. That's not to discount the rest of you's, because I like trying different/new stuff, but I'm thinking speed 9 max. I'll be doing some research here and nerding out :D.

I'm thinking of reworking a few spots in my bag this season so I'll definitely keep these in mind and be talking with you fine fellows as it goes.

I don't think they tweaked the Ace Race disc in 2014. The production run I have still has the convex rim. Try a Big Z (and steer clear of Z FLX, if you don't want OS.)

I have a Z Heat that I got from Sidewinder for drawing the fish stamp, but it is significantly overstable and doesn't fly the same as the AR Heat I had. I think the mold is different because the AR Heat had that convex understable rim that was like a flying saucer.

That is weird of the Heats I have had I would rate the stability of them from most overstable to least was Ti Memorial Heat > Ace Race Heat > Z Heat > X Heat

That is weird, I suppose. The Z Heat I have is 175g so that might also be why. I swear the wing is different, though. It flies more like a Teebird but doesn't glide as much for me.

SW is a great suggestion. So maybe also try an Orion LS (basically Millenium's SW - I think it's a SW with a spacer).

I recommend the DGA Pipeline. You can get one in SP for a little more stability, or one in Proline that has a little more flip to it out of the box. Both glide very well.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I'm going to look up the flight charts and stuff here this afternoon. I'm hoping to go to the store but I might have to wait til tomorrow. Can't wait for this weather to clear up so I can get out and throw!

I would have suggested River, but it sounds like you want something a little faster and less touchy. I'll join the Sidewinder chorus, but also take a look at an Insanity, Hatchet, or Valkyrie.

I would have suggested River, but it sounds like you want something a little faster and less touchy. I'll join the Sidewinder chorus, but also take a look at an Insanity, Hatchet, or Valkyrie.
You know, I'm not even sure anymore! :eek: I feel that discs are like Pokemon, gotta catch 'em all! I thought the Sidewinder was a speed 12 for some reason, but right now I'm looking at the discs you listed and they all look promising. I think I'll go to the store tomorrow to see what I can find. Because my local store is so small, it often comes down to what is available in color and weight. I could order online but I like to support my local shop and feel up discs when I can.

Do you throw a Hatchet and/or Sidewinder? Just was wondering how you like them.

plus one vote for the Westside Hatchet in tournament plastic -

the glidiest hyzer flip/turnover disc in my bag, you won't regret it--

(doesn't do well in wind) like most US plastic

will go really far and turn right (RHBH) with not a lot of arm speed/snap