• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

red neck tourney

sidearmdon

Cool tournament in south central Ohio. Well maintained course with camping in the park. I'm the TD so maybe I am bias but many people say it is a fun time. Pros and Ams get players pack which includes a dryfit tee shirt. There is a party after the tournament at a local players house where a local guy will be singing.
http://www.theredneckopen.com/

People like me say it's a GREAT tourney. If my credentials mean anything (now in my third year, I've already played in 80 tournaments and 10 leagues, spanning 7 different divisions (!) so there's a little experience...:eek:), and Don's event is a BLAST! :thmbup: Great course, party atmosphere all day, tons of extras, and an obvious sense of humor...I mean c'mon, this is the 3RD Inaugural Redneck Open!! :p

I'd go if I was in the area... But a dryfit shirt sounds too classy for red necks! Maybe a trucker hat fur next year ;)

Last year's player's pack included a redneck scarf and a 'salvaged' disc we threw for a ring-of-fire style CTP prize. Those were both pretty redneck.:)

He's done something different every year. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see your idea one day soon!

I can't wait , will be my first Pdga event this year. TD is a standup guy by all accounts. I don't get 3rd inaugural title though.....must be the sense of humor I hear about.

Last year's player's pack included a redneck scarf and a 'salvaged' disc we threw for a ring-of-fire style CTP prize. Those were both pretty redneck.:)

He's done something different every year. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see your idea one day soon!

If it was literally a fire you were throwing salvaged discs into, that would be pretty damn red neck!

Forgot to put this on the web page but there is a players party after the Redneck tourney at a local guys house where there will be live music. Ya'll invited

Dangit -- I'm in Lexington for an ed tech conference that day or I would be all over this. I LOVE the course, and it sounds like a fun time. Hopefully next year.

Forgot to put this on the web page but there is a players party after the Redneck tourney at a local guys house where there will be live music. Ya'll invited

Sounds like fun. Is Big Smo gonna be there?

Latest posts