• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Registration for "Forty-Two" Tournament

Yeah it was 36 and windy as hell here in GA today. Tried with gloves...nope, no good, went without and just rubbed my hand between shots.

I think, honestly, a game of 21 (half of 42) is more appropriate.

My poor wife is going to have to play hers in the dark and as cold as it is I will be shocked if she plays more than one round.

Oh, had another thought too...maybe since you are the creator you can ask Tim.

It would be cool if he was down with letting you set up a "virtual practice course" on the site that we could put our scores in on. Just make an 18 hole practice course with the pars and distances from the score card and put all the game info in the info section. Call it 42 practice course or something.

I think I would have to get enough people to think that was a good idea before he would accept the idea. Considering this is the only practice game that uses an 18 hole scorecard, it would be the only one what works.

I could also set up the course to have a few different tee's based on the distances used.

How many folks have gotten at least a round in?

I have 1 and hopefully will get another in tomorrow. Christy plans on doing hers tomorrow as well.

Email says end of day on the 10th, I assume we are going to do PST since they will have sun long after us? 9pm or 10pm EST maybe? Just asking although we won't be able to get another round in since we have Christy's works christmas party.

Yes. I will accept your rounds even if they are saturday morning. Not holding fast to the deadline given the weather. If your wife wants to toss hers saturday morning, let me know.

We can see how the Thursday round goes, she is looking forward to it....that is until she gets out there and feels the misery...haha.

We are in the balmy mid 30s so we have it a little better but it still sucks a bag of suck.

oh come on bill i have already got about 4 rounds in. today was the best day to do it, still only 30 degrees but no wind made it a perfect day. my hands were cracking only a little bit :gross:

Glad you have time...its not the temp stopping me, its the schedule.

Monday-round in
Tuesday- home and out to kids club bowling event
Wed- home make dinner take z to choi
Thur- should be able to get a round in
Fri- Christy's work christmas party

I should say this now, we are going to go two Rounds! The next one will start up Sunday the 12th and will end next weekend. Will Send PMs out for that on Saturday or Sunday.

OK. Round 1 Results. Had a small turnout due to the weather.

PLAYER : Score (RD1: Score RD2: Score)
3MonsterBoys : -5 (RD1: 67 RD2: )
billnchristy : 1 (RD1: 73 RD2: )
gottafixit : 12 (RD1: 84 RD2: )
hendersondayton : 14 (RD1: 86 RD2: )
JSurmann : 14 (RD1: 86 RD2: )
Christyb : 24 (RD1: 96 RD2: )

Do you guys/girl want to go another round or just wait till we start up another one?

Latest posts