• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Registration for "Forty-Two" Tournament

I think I am going to move this over to my website. I want to eventually run a points league and that would be the best place to do it.

I'll do another round, I guess i lucked out with the ability to set up the practice basket in the basement of the apartment complex and didn't have to mess with the weather. Still didn't help my score though.

I made another request to Tim regarding a place to enter Forty-Two Scorecards. I am maintaining the Handyman Ace Hardware disc golf course page on DGCR and my pitch was to add an additional Tee Pad in the scorecard info that would serve as the "Forty-Two" Scorecard. You would input scores using that scorecard. Will let you all know how he responds.

Sorry guys, I'm just not down with recording this activity on the site. I'd recommend a google doc spreadsheet.

So after a second/third round here are my thoughts

I think it would be a more fun to make it only 9 "holes", quick and fun.

Unless I did the math wrong, the perfect score addes up to 36, Par 3 can get a 1, Par 4 a 2, Par 5 a 3 ?

I also think it would be more fun to use just the five shots and the shot chart to determine your score.

Fun game and I can already tell this is helping my putting.

I like your ideas. I have no idea where I got "30" as being a perfect score. Odd. Anyway.

Can you explain better the thought about just the five shots? Not sure I follow.

I think the five shots says it all, 3 out of five shots equals Par no need for the extra "putting shots". So if you hit all 5 your shooting two better than par, hit 4 your shooting one better, 3 your shooting par, 2 your shooting one under par, 0-1 your shooting two under par.

Now I just thought of this as i'm typing so I don't know how I feel about it yet but, shooting 1-2 could be bogey and hit 0 could be double bogey. Making 1 of 5 at 30ft still feels great and then I get double bog for it. :(

Again though it's a fun set up and a great putting game.

Yeah when I did mine (granted I did 10) it was a stroke for each you missed.

I also feel it should be 9 holes (which I brought up earlier) and I also think a little more variety in distance would help break the repetition.

Latest posts