• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Reko Vs. Roach

MaxFlight

Eagle Member
Hey Guys!

So I'm trying to dial in the right putter...

Kastaplast Reko Vs. Discraft Roach.

I would love to know your thoughts on either or both if you have experience with them. I'm currently throwing Rekos and really like them.

My only qualms with Reko are:
- High tendency to roll
- K3 plastic can have a bouncy reaction off the center pole.
- Low Glide (although I like it in the wind)

I've only thrown a Roach (jawbreaker) a couple of times that a buddy lent to me. I've had a couple of people recommend them as an alternative putter from the Reko. I'm considering pulling the trigger on buying some, but would like to get the thoughts of the forum :)

Thanks ya'll!

aaaaaaand go!

The Reko has a much better name than a Roach. ;) :p

More seriously: I've thrown Rekos in K3 plastic, which is really good plastic. If the gods of disc golf ever outlaw the Marshal, I might well take up the Reko as my putting putter.

I've held a Roach but not thrown one; it looked and felt very Aviar-'ish'. Jawbreaker plastic is okay, but I like the K3 much better.

I'd suggest trying one Roach and seeing how you like it. Putting is about comfort and confidence; whichever one gives you more of those is the one you should bag...

I use the roach as a thrower, a relatively new addition to the bag. I love it. Glides forever in jawbreaker and can work some different lines in more OS plastic. From my limited experience with it, the JB plastic does break in pretty quick.

Obvious difference is the Reko has a bead, Roach doesn't. I love the Roach for putting and throwing, haven't tried the Reko since I prefer beadless. K3 plastic is sweet though.

Never used a Reko. Love the Roach. I putt with JB & throw Big Z.

I don't throw my putter or putt my thrower. You know about JB. Big Z Roaches feel great with a power grip & fly like ESP Buzzz's. Require snap to go straight. Great for hyzers or anyhyzers.

Alright so I picked up 2 new Jawbreaker Roaches today. I really liked throwing them on a rope, but putting I'm not sure yet. I was also expecting Jawbreaker to be a grippier (first time using the plastic). I hear they get grippier as they wear in, but it's hard to beat K3 plastic.
Might be sticking with Reko for now, as I still feel a lot more confident when I pick it up.

I love throwing the jawbreaker roach. Starts straight as an arrow and beats in to understable (but not crazy understable). It will become a hyzer flip machine and they go so far and can handle a good bit of power. I like jawbreaker rather than big z because I like my throwing putters to stick not slide/skip. Dont have much to say on the putting aspect since I use a beaded putter, but i can say that they get a bit gripper as they beat in. I recommend the jawbreaker roach to just about everyone as a thrower.

Last edited:
I love throwing the jawbreaker roach. Starts straight as an arrow and beats in to understable (but not crazy understable). It will become a hyzer flip machine and they go so far and can handle a good bit of power. I like jawbreaker rather than big z because I like my throwing putters to stick not slide/skip. Dont have much to say on the putting aspect since I use a beaded putter, but i can say that they get a bit gripper as they beat in. I recommend the jawbreaker roach to just about everyone as a thrower.

What's the heaviest weight for the JB Roach? Seems like 172 is max?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts