• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

release points

simpletwist

* Ace Member *
You'd think after 6 years I'd have a better grip :rolleyes: on release points. To some extent I do understand my release points FH. But since coming back from shoulder surgery I've been focusing more on improving my BH. The Shusterick driving video has helped a lot. And I have scene better distance and accuracy. But Shusterick mentions "release points" and knowing where they are. Somehow the concept is alluding me and all my discs seem to do some sort of hyzer.

Is there any good videos to demonstrate this?

Thanks.

Somehow the concept is alluding me and all my discs seem to do some sort of hyzer.

Are you saying that every time you throw it comes out on a hyzer? If that's the case, I'd focus more on your follow through - flat. And now that I think about it, most of the time the disc "rips" out of my hand. The only shots I "release" are touch putter/midrange shots and always involve some sort of fan grip.

I'm guessing Will is talking about the arm/disc as a whip and knowing where the upper arm lever will release, and then the lower arm lever releases, and then the disc lever release. All those levers should whip/release on the plane you want to throw.

I think the release (rip point) is where the disc will fly out of your hand. This is like aiming with your body so you don't have to see the target.

Latest posts