• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Removing sharpie from a disc.

How do get sharpie designs off mvp discs

I need advice i have a couple mvp discs and champion tern disc with sharpie designs on them n i want to get them off so i can dye them any afvice

Is it black Sharpie? Was the ink on there for more than a day?

Good luck, probably not happening unfortunately. Acetone is best but still won't succeed.

Acetone(nail polish remover) will wipe your discs clean be careful not to get it in the stamp as it will strip that also.

I have started using an Grease Pencil to mark my discs. This is especially true if I am trying something new and might trade it if it does not make the bag.

But yeah, Sharpie is not going to come off, at least not all the way.

Acetone(nail polish remover) will wipe your discs clean be careful not to get it in the stamp as it will strip that also.

Acetone will strip the surface ink off, but any that has seeped into the plastic is there forever (well past when the plastic degrades and cracks at least, and at that point it does not matter)

Orange oil did the trick the one time I tried it... Maybe it is a good way to do this... Not 100% sure.

I just tried acetone based nail polish remover a few mins ago & it faded the permanent marker just slightly. (Maybe better if 100% acetone?) Also tried WD40, baby oil, goof off (before I read earlier post, no damage noted but I also didn't allow it to sit long on the disc), hydrogen peroxide, 100% ethyl alcohol, & graffiti remover....ugh, all to no avail. Sounds like Kaboom might be next... Hope this info helps. Pls keep posted on what ended up working best for u.

Correction to my post above. I did NOT use 100% ethyl alcohol, I used 99% Isopropyl alcohol. And as mentioned before, had zero success in marker removal.

I saod acetone much earlier in this post. I was wrong LOL. I started to just use another black sharpie. I have black blotches some discs.

I just tried acetone based nail polish remover a few mins ago & it faded the permanent marker just slightly. (Maybe better if 100% acetone?) Also tried WD40, baby oil, goof off (before I read earlier post, no damage noted but I also didn't allow it to sit long on the disc), hydrogen peroxide, 100% ethyl alcohol, & graffiti remover....ugh, all to no avail. Sounds like Kaboom might be next... Hope this info helps. Pls keep posted on what ended up working best for u.

The "extra strength" nail polish remover usually is 100% acetone; check the label to be sure. And once the Sharpie ink seeps into the plastic, nothing that won't destroy the disc itself will get it out.

If you have a disc you're trying out, use a silver Sharpie to mark it. The silver will come off much more readily than the black, blue, etc. colors will...

Latest posts