• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Reptilian Disc Golf: First Proprietary Mold

While we're on Wizard mods, I would like to suggest one with a deep thumbtrack like the Banger or a puddle top like the Yeti. I love how the Wizard flies in and out of the circle, but it's a tad deep for me to grip to get a true consistent release for putting. A deep thumbtrack or puddletop would give me something to hold on to.

I am aware that the Chief is just a more shallow Wizard, but the glide is just not there.

You sir...-are going to be a happy man ;)

We decided to go another route. Instead of monster bead, we are going to use the classic beaded-bullet nose bottom of the wizard. We are creating a more lid like proprietary top instead!!! This top will feature a variation of a thumb contour but it is unlike a rhyno in that it doesn't "V" in but instead is mostly just a raise right at the nose. We anticipate that the new RDG will kill glide and make a very reliable P&A in and around the circle. It should also be able to handle a ton of power off the tee.

An added bonus of the new RDG top is that we can run all the Gateway bottoms with it. Aka the RDG top with magic bottom is going to be a really neat disc as well!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 37
We have also determined a method of texturizing the rim without making it a balls to the wall, polarizing effect. The proto runs will not feature scales however as the process is going to be expensive. I hope you all are as excited as I am !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 48
Looks like this project is coming along in a hurry!

Good luck on the new endeavor/partnership RDG!