• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Request: Best tutorial for heel rotation

DiscFifty

Banned
I've developed some knee issues from bad form, where my planted foot is not rotating properly and is causing knee problems. Can some peeps please link the best videos, blogs, etc, for learning how to properly rotate on the heel? Thx.

Last edited:
I'm no expert but rotating on the heel is a product of proper balance and weight transfer. You don't consciously pivot on the heel. Therefore I would say the best thing you can do is make sure your form is as good as possible especially in regards to your weight shift and lower body.

Foot pivot is all about maintaining balance, posture and weight shift. It probably sounds counterintuitive but if you are 100% balanced and in posture on your front foot you should be able to pivot freely with 100% of your weight on the front foot. It's when you get stuck weight back back or try to shift too much past your posture you will have issues. You want to feel like your heel with all your weight/head would crush a can when it lands.

Feldy talks around 16min:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sxw8ix0CYs

Thanks, it's definitely a weight shift problem I've developed the past few months causing the problem. I think I can correct this fairly easy, just need some refresher info. lol... Thx!