• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Retirement Tossing

Asvetic

Bogey Member
So, I was driving down Route 15 near Mechanicsburg, PA, when I passed a retirement home with a large pond near the road. A regular occurence for me, since I take that route about once a week. But, this last time I noticed something near the pond I hadn't noticed before... a bright yellow disc golf basket.

So, I did a little searching and found the name of the community and this little blurb on their website:

"2. Wellness Focused A swimming pool, two well-equipped exercise areas, a bowling alley, exercise classes plus the area's first retirement community to have a disc golf course."

Source: http://www.messiahvillage.com/whychoose.htm

Now, I'm no where near ready to retire and haven't thought about it much... until now... looks like Messiah Village will be at the top of my list for communities to live in when I'm ancient... I hope they're still around in about 40-50+ years. ;)

How cool is this. My dad, retired and in his 60's, lives independently, and is an avid player. What a great option for older folks.

Just visit "your uncle" with alzhiemers for a few minutes each week and then play a round. Would that be so wrong?

That's the retirement home of me. I can just see the old guys out there playing skins for their dimes. Reminds me of my dear departed father-in-law and his old codger buddies on the gold course.

Is it 9 holes or more or less? Can't image it when they call it the first course if its just only one basket on the property...:confused: :D

Latest posts