• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Returning to be critiqued

Budman2012

Hi. Im back with another video. Last thread was too old to be posted in again though, sorry. I've been working on my throw for a while now. I know I need more weight transfer and to get my shoulders into the throw more, but I just can't seem to do it. There's a few things that confuse me. Like should I be consciously turning my shoulders to pull my arm or should I be focusing on my arm itself. Or Both? Well anyways..here's my video. Any help would be awesome. And it would be great if you could tell me where I can improve and explain the timing of it. I've watched lots of videos but I just can't seem to pull out the small details of what I need.

There's an option box you can select to post in old threads.

Pull the shoulder to whip the arm, pull the elbow to whip the lower arm, then pull the lower arm to whip the hand. (that's my theory/understanding, anyway) Then hold on; it looks like the disc is coming out before there's good "disc pivot". Also looks like the beginning of the pull is off the target line, aka rounding.

I'm sure smarter people than I will give you some good advice. I was mostly just letting you know you can post in old threads.

You are bringing your throwing should over the top back and forth which is only good for loading a roller. Let the throwing arm and shoulder hang loose under your body back and forth to swing more under the body through your center. You are also jumping off the rear leg before weight transfers to the front leg to push the rear leg through the shot. You should feel more weight on the front leg before you begin the throw. Get your head/spine/weight balanced more to your toes and weight kept between the insides of your feet always for an athletic throwing position.

www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88599

Okay thanks. Would that be related to what Will Schusterick was saying in his driving video? He talks about pulling the disc across your core instead of shoulder height.

About at the 1:25 mark

Pretty much. There are variances amongst the pull lines of the top throwers but they all pull through their center of gravity which varies due to individual body build and the posture of which you throw from. So if you change your posture and balance you may have different pull lines.

A throw line in question

I'm a fan of Will's theory of maintaining a close line through the core, however its much more important to create a consistent throw line in order to automate the muscle movement yielding the greatest efficiency in power creation as well as accuracy. The one pick I'd have with Will's form is the collapsing of his core and not keeping abdominal pressure through his entire throw. McBeth's throwing style looks practically flawless. Your body will more than likely follow a path of least resistance, which should allow you to feel out your own throw line.

I also agree with sidewinder about the gravitational pull varying from person to person, which isn't something I thought of.

Latest posts