• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

RHBH strong arming help!

Truschioni

I've been working at my form and trying to incorporate the techniques in the videos. This is my form as of today. The first throw is strong arming, then it seems like the next 2 are better. The 3rd throw goes about 350. Really trying to break the habit of strong arming, and it is really difficult.

yah..that looks like a perfect example of strong arming it. I would like to see this full speed to get a better idea of your run up. But even slow speed, it kind of looks rushed. One thing I've learned from others, is try slowing everything way down...and try to get the same distance. Another thing, think like a jet taking off, very slow at first and then accelerating through the take off. I forget the exact point, but I think your main acceleration should start at your reach back and end quickly accelerate from there.

You are leaning way too far back over the rear leg, instead of staying more upright/centered in balance and turning your body out of the way. Your arm is pinned against your chest, so you swing around your body instead of swinging straight through your core and getting your body out of the way.

Lots in here will help, but when he says lean back, you should stay upright and turn back, don't lean, stay centered so you can rotate faster and whip the arm forward faster.

Wow, I have played ice hockey for 20+ years and never picked up on the technique for disc golf. I went out and played 9 holes at lunch and had immediate results when throwing like a Left-handed Slap Shot! It felt like i was getting so much more power. This is gonna be a game changer, just gotta work on the other parts.

Wow, I have played ice hockey for 20+ years and never picked up on the technique for disc golf. I went out and played 9 holes at lunch and had immediate results when throwing like a Left-handed Slap Shot! It felt like i was getting so much more power. This is gonna be a game changer, just gotta work on the other parts.

NICE! That truly brings a smile to my face. I grew up playing ice hockey in Duluth. Played inline for years here in CO and it didn't dawn on me until I saw that picture. It was like a light bulb went on!

You know that exact "twisting" feeling in your hips that loads up a really powerful wrist shot... it's the same thing.

As someone who always played golf, hockey and baseball lefty, this is definitely a good comparison!