• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

RichMeade Bag

RichMeade

Par Member
First off thanks to everyone who has given their input on my previous posts...I've been able to shave quite a few shots off my score as a result of your suggestions, and managed to win and come in second in a couple of recent tourney's.

This is the resulting bag...

Oh... I've been playing just over 3 months
RHBH
803 Rating
Distance: Drive 300-320 (maxing around 350), Mid 200-250, Putter 220 max

Drivers

167 Archon (8/10)- Used mostly when I need to keep it low and straight (I have to really chuck it to get it to S-out)
167 Champ Katana (8/10)- Big gliding hyzer shots
167 Northman VIP(9/10) - Used mostly for deep fades, goes pretty straight for me.
162 DX Valkyrie (9/10) - big high S shots, Downwind Big Distance.
167 Champ TeeBird -(8/10)- meat hook, used mostly for skips and predictable long fairway approaches
167 DX Teebird (6/10)- My main driver, hyzer flips and long turns.
169 DX Teebird (9/10)- when I need a little more fade, Headwind driver
166 DX Teebird (9/10)- Downwind drives. (really more of a backup than anything)
150 DX Dragon (5/10) - Thumb/tomohawks

Mids:
177+ Z Wasp (10/10) - Consistent fade mid, short hyzers, hyzer approach
174 Z Comet (8/10) - hyzer flip mid, easy straightline approaches
174 ESP Comet (9/10) - easy straight windy approaches, more flippy than the z
174 X Comet (9/10) - super flippy, still working out the kinks hoping to eventually replace the stingrays
171 DX stingray (5/10) - slow turner
171 DX stingray (9/10) - backup, but I can throw it a little harder than the other ray and have it act the same with more D

Putters:

171 SS Warlock (7/10) - main putter
170 SS Warlock (10/10) - backup to main, and slow turn drives
171 Organic Wizard (8/10) - wind putter, long D and float puts
171 SS Wizard (9/10) - Driving putter

Any gaps? Any overlap I can get rid of?

Once again... Thanks in advance!

you are not getting responses because it is not an easy to make fun of bag. For 3 months of playing you seem to have a decent foundation. There are a few signs that you really thought about your bag selections and made good choices.
I would throw max weight putters for wind, but I guess that is just me.

yeah does look solid. I can't say much about your drivers except the valk+tee combo looks good, perhaps you can add some valks of varying plastic/wear to reduce your driver molds? (if you want to, if not.. ha dont! :)) One thing that seems to be missing is an overstable mid. I got the same feedback when i posted my bag and i pretty much just power down a driver if I have something I can't do with my cobras cause i personally didn't feel like i could really justify an overstable mid (just summin to think about)... i throw some lighter putters aswell, but i do keep a heavy heavy one for the wind like prerube says.

very good bag. hardly anything to critique or suggest.

maybe try a lighter wasp, in line with your other mids weight. it will still have good fade but you can get it out there a little longer, if you need that. at your power level 174g is a good weight.

keep the stingrays in there too, they are a unique disc. the comet is much slower. stingrays are good for quick turns out of the hand, late hyzer flips, and lower line shots. a beat comet and stingray gives you a lot of options. I'm not throwing my stingrays at the moment, but you better believe I didn't get rid of them either.

Latest posts