• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ricky the Best Putter that Disc Golf Will Ever See?

I have been a spectator of the MPO for about 15 years. Have seen many great putters including Climo, Barry, Russell, and Doss to remember a few. But what Mcbeth and Wysocki have done in the last 2 years is nothing short of amazing. The length and frequency of their made putts is something i have never witnessed before. It almost makes me believe they are on roids.

Larry Leonard thru most of the 90s couldn't miss inside of 60

YES!!! The American Flag shorts guy. Great name. Great style. Great Putter.

There are some old school disc golf monthly videos with Larry and he is ridiculous. makes long stuff for sure.

I have been a spectator of the MPO for about 15 years. Have seen many great putters including Climo, Barry, Russell, and Doss to remember a few. But what Mcbeth and Wysocki have done in the last 2 years is nothing short of amazing. The length and frequency of their made putts is something i have never witnessed before. It almost makes me believe they are on roids.

This is kind of how I feel, but I'm not sure if it's because I've just seen Paul and Ricky due to more video coverage. They seem to have redefined "great putting" in my mind.

It will be cool when the game has SportsCenter type statistics on how top players put from at certain distance and in top events. For ex: Ricky being 70% accurate putting from within 80'. This could be done with something like the more exclusive pro tour events where statistics could be concentrated on the fewer top pros.

With technology becoming ever cheaper, you could have a chip on their marker and another on the basket, that way you could log accurate distance every time. And on discs also, like TOBU does.

I'd say Ricky is the most unique putter of that caliber, but when I think of some of the death putts McBeth cans, I've got to give him the nod.

Dave Dunipace said McBeth would beat Climo (both in their prime) because his putting is on a different level.

Remember McBeth's season a year or two back? He made putts like Ricky did this year.

So...just sayin...
cart-b4-horse.jpg

I haven't read every post here, so if I repeat, sorry. Part of being the best is consistency over time. It's why when I say that McBeth is the best because of five years of winning most of the big events, people come back and say, nope, Ken Climo. They're correct, Ken dominated year in and year out in a lot of categories including putting. A year is great, but it just isn't enough. The only player that challenges Ken is Yeti, and I think that is a legitimate challenge (someone already mentioned Yeti, I know). Yetti wins in head to head competitions where the only skill examined is putting. He is consistently there challenging for the win. That is, when the pressure isn't just round pressure, but putting alone pressure with everyone, including the pros, watching, he delivers.

yeti is outstanding but are we really measuring based on side contests? is lil wig the best ever off the tee?

idk man.

yeti is outstanding but are we really measuring based on side contests? is lil wig the best ever off the tee?

idk man.

Excellent point, he does the same in tournament play. The side game dominance just emphasizes the point. But you're correct, if it was side game alone it wouldn't men squat.

I wrote an article on Ricky's putting for ultimate world a couple weeks ago, and after watching a ton of his putting footage; he does a ton of things right, but to say that no one will ever be able to top that is probably inaccurate.

Certainly this year he has been the bestoverall, but by the stats, he's not the best overall putter. He just keeps it close and knocks down putts at a fantastic rate.

Best today, probably. Best forever, doubt it.

Latest posts