• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ricky Wysocki #38008

I Wonder if Innova have hired a "media person" for Ricky to help him make these videos?

Rick looks healthy, and his public speaking skills have come a long way.

not to be a total hater but...

we obviously don't see his bad days
editing goes a long way

his speaking has gotten better for sure but some of the edits come right where he normally starts fumbling a bit

I've never been a Ricky fan, but these videos have been down-right enjoyable.
If he is getting media help and these videos are being edited to make him look better, then he's just catching up with some of the other disc golfers who may come off more naturally on video (Brodie??).

I wish him continued success.
If he or Innova or whoever is working hard on his presence and his brand, then it's about time...

In case anyone is wondering, hole#9 at Buckeye is 426 ft (I think).
There didn't appear to be any info regarding the length of the hole in the Wysocki video, above. And, when I go to the dgcr Buckeye in Redding page, there is no hole info.

And then there's this video, which might be one of the most clever things a disc golfer has ever done on youtube. (I've seen it used before in other areas, but not disc golf.) Very cool!

not to be a total hater but...

we obviously don't see his bad days
editing goes a long way

his speaking has gotten better for sure but some of the edits come right where he normally starts fumbling a bit
I think in general these videos are a good venue for him and his personality. The halting stumbly stuff in his interviews are honestly things I didn't see out of him much growing up and I played a lot with him in his teen years and dude never had any trouble talking about things. The YouTube videos let him be more free flowing and conversational, I think that plays into just showing Ricky on the day to day which helps how he seems to be "on camera."

I am really enjoying Ricky's content. I always figured this was the side of him we didn't see in the limited exposure of tour footage.

Seems like a really fun dude who is a blast to play a casual round with. He always put so much pressure on himself in competition mode. It will be interesting to see if this side of rick makes more of an appearance on tour in 2021.

The battles between him and McBeth from 2013 to 2017 were so fun to watch. I don't know who is the next Rick but I hope we get one more close one like 2014 worlds between these 2.

Latest posts