• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

*LIVE* 2015 Memorial Coverage-Paul McBeth Will Schusterick Ricky Wysocki Jake Laputka

fountain needs more strategically placed trees that force more shots other than a hyzer. i think the lake brings in a good amount of tricky pin locations but when you're allowed to just hyzer in to a lot of them it takes away some of the challenge and for the top guys it's just to easy.

if the wind is up i'm sure its much more difficult but course design shouldnt rely on enviromental factors that much.

other than that the live coverage was pretty boring, i dont think its solely the course i think the way its put together is not overly well done and the commentary is lacking. they need a second person talking with terry and more split offs where the second camera is filming other cards while the main card is not in action. im not saying i could do better they're probably doing great for the resources they have but it still has that amateur feel to the broadcast. they're going in the right direction though remember when these live broadcasts were shaky, went in and out and lagged like crazy? i thought the picture was good the whole way through.

With all those damn birds around the park i'm sure there is plenty of organic run off as well as chemical from the nearby streets. If it was actually recycled waste water it would be safe-- many major cities do that with grey water systems and even able to turn back into potable water.

Terry mentioned something about the fountain being turned down because they didn't want the wind to blow spray on the players/pedestrians. Something to the effect of the water wasn't safe to have on your skin or something.

I'll have to go back and watch the footage.......
I heard the fountain sprays 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

i heard it sprays pure Baileys because Old Greg lives at its base.

Terry mentioned something about the fountain being turned down because they didn't want the wind to blow spray on the players/pedestrians. Something to the effect of the water wasn't safe to have on your skin or something.

I'll have to go back and watch the footage.......

It's not unsafe to have on your skin. There is an automatic sensor that lowers the pressure, or completely turns the fountain off when the wind is high enough. That sensor has been on for 30+ years.

fountain needs more strategically placed trees that force more shots other than a hyzer. i think the lake brings in a good amount of tricky pin locations but when you're allowed to just hyzer in to a lot of them it takes away some of the challenge and for the top guys it's just to easy.

if the wind is up i'm sure its much more difficult but course design shouldnt rely on enviromental factors that much.

other than that the live coverage was pretty boring, i dont think its solely the course i think the way its put together is not overly well done and the commentary is lacking. they need a second person talking with terry and more split offs where the second camera is filming other cards while the main card is not in action. im not saying i could do better they're probably doing great for the resources they have but it still has that amateur feel to the broadcast. they're going in the right direction though remember when these live broadcasts were shaky, went in and out and lagged like crazy? i thought the picture was good the whole way through.

The city is actually in the process of adding a lot of trees to the entire park, but they will take some time to mature.

With all those damn birds around the park i'm sure there is plenty of organic run off as well as chemical from the nearby streets. If it was actually recycled waste water it would be safe-- many major cities do that with grey water systems and even able to turn back into potable water.

The water is reclaimed water and it is specifically NOT potable. The city prohibits going into the water because it is a known health risk. The first time I played fountain I threw Into the water and was stupid enough to go in. It is dank. Even just reaching into it is gross.

That bit about the fountain may be just for the fountain itself, the reservoir is specifically filled with reclaimed water.

The water is reclaimed water and it is specifically NOT potable. The city prohibits going into the water because it is a known health risk. The first time I played fountain I threw Into the water and was stupid enough to go in. It is dank. Even just reaching into it is gross.

That bit about the fountain may be just for the fountain itself, the reservoir is specifically filled with reclaimed water.

I'm guessing it's more about the liability of someone getting hurt or drowning. If it was a known health risk, they wouldn't have built the thing, and put a massive park and playground around it. People are prohibited from going in the water at Vista too, and it's not reclaimed water.

I've heard of players going into the Fountain water and their tennis shoes rotting out within a few weeks or going waist deep and getting itchy in uncomfortable places.

My dad is a Real Estate Agent in Phoenix.

He told me stories of neighbors around the "lake" complaining of the mist eating paint away on their cars and etching windows on their houses.

We've got a park here that has a couple ponds with signs explicitly saying not to go in them, due to toxic algae. I remember in CA it was common knowledge not to go anywhere near the water after the first rain because of all the runoff from various types of...feces.

My dad is a Real Estate Agent in Phoenix.

He told me stories of neighbors around the "lake" complaining of the mist eating paint away on their cars and etching windows on their houses.

That is true. My parents used to live in one of the houses on the hill behind the lake. I've seen it first hand.

If anyone wants to watch the youtube feed at the same time your working without switching back and fourth, download the VLC player.. Info on line to show you how to do it... Very easy..

It's ironic(or is it too fitting?) that one of, if not the richest city's in the valley has a poop fountain. I'm not a fan of that course but totally understand that there are many requirements to hosting a NT and how enjoyable a course is to play is but just one of those requirements. Still.... a fountain that sprays poop. The tallest fountain in the world(?) is located in the desert. and sprays poop. I will say that I'm enjoying watching other people play it though.

Latest posts