• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Ridiculously Early 2013 Ace Race Disc Speculation Thread!

I don't really care what type of disc they do each year, this is supposed to be fun. Most of the time, the people that win are pretty solid players and already have a decent bag full of discs they prefer more than the selection in the grand prize, so they sell it off. If you don't want to play with a driver, stay home. If you're bummed it's going to be harder to win with a driver, get over it. Consider it part of the challenge. If you want to compete with discs you like, there are regular tournaments you can enter instead. Discraft puts together a great, affordable event for disc golfers of all skill levels every year. The quality of the experience depends more on good weather and how well the TD has set up the course.

Kinda cool that Discraft is using Ti. For better or for worse, it's a great marketing move by them to get this underutilized plastic into more player's hands. Maybe they'll hear our feedback and improve the feel and grip of the material.

same-sies :D

Will lots of the discs show up in the marketplace? It's not looking like I can play in any of the ones within 2 hours of me.

There will be a bunch on the MP soon enough. There will probably even be some TDs that that will let you order a pack and not actually play. Thats how it was last year. You can still go to the MP right now and probably find and Ace Race Zombee....

I heard this year's disc is a longer teebird :D

yesssss!!!!!

XL. Xpress. Glide. It wouldn't be new territory for them at all.

You could be right. I know the XL is popular with the Discraft pros because, well, they can only throw Discraft. I've never really heard of anybody using an Xpress and I always thought the Glide was a midrange. Perhaps, they want an understable fairway with the popularity of the River, Leopard, ect. I've always thought of fairway drivers as Discraft's achilles heal.

Beginner-friendly distance driver probably means Sidewinder / Roadrunner.

ALSO!! They've gotta knock it out of the park this year with the disc name..

Maybe:

• Flare (A red-orange Ti / colorshift Flare would be sweeeeeeeet)

• Stealth

Discraft Flare
Discraft Stealth

Ti Flare
Ti Stealth

Z Flare
Z Stealth

Forum Topics:
Flare Vs Sidewinder
Sidewinder Vs Stealth

(LOVE brainstorming / predicting!)

Beginner-friendly distance driver probably means Sidewinder / Roadrunner.

ALSO!! They've gotta knock it out of the park this year with the disc name..

Maybe:

• Flare (A red-orange Ti / colorshift Flare would be sweeeeeeeet)

• Stealth

Discraft Flare
Discraft Stealth

Ti Flare
Ti Stealth

Z Flare
Z Stealth

Forum Topics:
Flare Vs Sidewinder
Sidewinder Vs Stealth

(LOVE brainstorming / predicting!)
They could call it the Discraft Hoochie Mama. I'd buy that disc.

'Theme' names really annoy me. I wouldn't mind a disc called 'The Complete Newb' if it flew well, but 'Zombee' really grated on me. The bee theme is silly, zombies are played out, and it doesn't describe anything about this disc. I still think they should have called it the Buzz2: buzz harder.

Here is a concept though: maybe the players that care the least about the disc end up winning because they aren't afraid to lose it, so they crank it at the basket?

Does anybody else dislike the terminology Discraft uses to describe it's drivers? Long Range, Extra Long Range, and Maximum Distance.... I guess it's just as easy as Fairway, Control, and Distance. Ehhh.

Does anybody else dislike the terminology Discraft uses to describe it's drivers? Long Range, Extra Long Range, and Maximum Distance.... I guess it's just as easy as Fairway, Control, and Distance. Ehhh.

:rolleyes:

'Theme' names really annoy me. I wouldn't mind a disc called 'The Complete Newb' if it flew well, but 'Zombee' really grated on me. The bee theme is silly, zombies are played out, and it doesn't describe anything about this disc. I still think they should have called it the Buzz2: buzz harder.

Here is a concept though: maybe the players that care the least about the disc end up winning because they aren't afraid to lose it, so they crank it at the basket?
-274. The bee thing is brilliant. THE HIVE!

And yet, they didn't even hold to their own terminology with the release info. They call it a distance driver, which is not an official 'class distinction' for them. So it's even more confusing to where this disc fits with the rest of their lineup.

Just watched the release video. The wing looks like my river a lot. Wouldn't mind having discraft clone.

I hope this is a speed 14 driver! ;) Wouldn't that be fun to throw 150' lol.

Becker Ace Race, August 3rd, first one in Minnesota, Hole 2 is only 10 meters. Get it? 10 meter rule? During testing of the course I hit metal with my Ion. I wonder how a driver will do. I guess I will have to wait another week.