• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Right Hang Forehand Help

SeanMeacham

I personally never really use a forehand shot. I just don't approach holes like that nor feel comfortable doing so. My brother does use a forehand shot but can't seem to find the right disc for it. He currently is using a Discfraft Force and is throwing it better than the Champion Valk that he was using, but still the force is too much disc for him. He has lots of arm speed, but still can't keep the force flat for very long. Any ideas of what disc he should purchase to help him with his Right hand forehand? Thanks for the help!

Thank you guys, I appreciate it! He is getting super frustrated and I want to help him out. I think it is just a matter of getting the right plastic in his hands. It looks like I should look into learning the innova rating system as well.

I'd say a Teebird 170s or Firebird 167ish, or a Crush 170ish. These are slower discs with a good amount of stability, but not too much.

I started throwing RHFH with a pro destroyer.

I have a force as well, and I prefer the destroyer over it, especially if you get some hyzer on it...it goes forever.

Last destroyer I through FH turned into a roller in about 40 feet. That's why I prefer the Force and XCal.

Fun fact: Destroyers are awesome rollers, I got a 300' roller ace last week.

I started with a Destroyer as a forehand disc, but once my arm speed improved, I moved to an Xcal and a Boss. For shorter distances I use an Eagle and a Gator.

Try this site out. Maybe it will let you see something that might fit your need. When I first started doing forehand the wraith was my blessing in disguise but after seeing different people throw forehand it is so different for each person.

http://gottagogottathrow.com/discgo...1.pdf?osCsid=bda81b66fcbf83627a7b35160d80f021

This chart is awesome....I have never seen it broken down like this! Thank you!

Thanks everyone for the advice, going to get some new plastic today!

Crush, wraith, or avenger, any of these will be great, anything sitting between 1.5 and 2.5 stability rating will work pretty well, so nothing understable

Latest posts