• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Ringer

ViolaBouquet

Eagle Member
I purchased my first Discraft Ringer. I am so shocked at how straight this thing is. I throw a Rattler for short and anny shots, and zone for hyper/skip shots. I never liked any other putter for straight shots. Challenger was nice but a bit too finicky at high speeds for me. The Ringer is dead straight. It has 0 glide, but dead straight. There is no turn at the beginning, and just drops before any fade.

Anyone know of this in Z, or better yet, Cryztal FLX! ooohhh

There have been a few tiny runs of z ringers ....good luck finding one.....closest your gonna find to a premium ringer is gonna be a dga pro line breaker. Damn near the same disc as far as shape and feel with the little bit of extra stability you would expect moving up from a baseline to premium plastic

SP (sparkle Z) Breakers were ran but not yet in production...either wait for them or track down a tourny stamped sparkle on here or a place like it.

Love the Breaker/Ringer combo:thmbup:

I agree, check out the DGA Breaker. If you really want it in Z, then just check out a SP line. I should have a small number of them in the next week (hint hint) but the Pro-Line Breakers will fly straighter and break in a little quicker.

Little glide (more than new or a premium plastic in any wear), turn and fade are similar to any beat baseline overstable putter like the Rhyno/BB Aviar area of the stability spectrum. Very straight and loses fade at about the same rate as it gains turn. Fun throwers but I couldn't get away from Magnets (Clutches) - I prefer neutral to understable for putting duties.

love the ringer, but the d plastic breaks in so fast. picked up a proline breaker and never looked back. been thinking about putting with a ringer like the low profile in the hand. the pa4 make a nice understable comp to the breaker similar feel.

love the ringer, but the d plastic breaks in so fast. picked up a proline breaker and never looked back. been thinking about putting with a ringer like the low profile in the hand. the pa4 make a nice understable comp to the breaker similar feel.

I switched to a PROLINE breaker as well and putt with a PA4... :hfive:

Is Ringer really shallow? inbounds has it listed as 1.2 rim depth.

I likes shallow putters.

I decided to try the Ringer for the next putting league night. My main putter last fall when playing rounds was a Ringer GT in Jawbreaker plastic but I only had one and one Soft Ringer that I never really used. I've putted with Retro Pures at the putting league with good results but I still wanted to try a couple more of putters before the league ends. I tried Bergs last week, as most as good as with the Pures but I don't think I'll stick with them. So for the last league night I thought it was time to give a try to Rekos or Ringers.

After some practice at home, I really liked more the Soft X Ringer over the Jawbreaker Ringer GT and my K3 Rekos so yesterday I bought 3 more from a local online store. Good thing they are cheap! Already got them today, I'll have time to practice a bit more this weekend until Tuesday night league.

My putting really got better this winter so my search of a putter is more to try to find the perfect fit. I knew that shallow putters felt better in my hand but now I'm starting to think soft putter would also be a better match for me.

Attachments

• IMG_20190314_115937.jpg
    IMG_20190314_115937.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20190314_120013.jpg
    IMG_20190314_120013.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Got a few of the Ledgestone Z Ringers a few years back and really like them as a point and shoot driving putter/approach disc with a good amount of glide--neutral HSS--and a reliable fade.
In search of more, I grabbed a couple of the 2022 Ledgestone Z Metallic Ringers and just wanted to share that they are considerably more OS, in that they try to fade straight out of the hand. Might be more OS than the SP Breaker I have--flight reminds me more of a Zone. I'm sure many will like that, though.

Latest posts