• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] River Pro

Our local TC is on Saturday and Im really looking forward to finally trying this disc out. The Pine sounds like a winner and the Deputy seems to be serviceable, but even after all these posts the River Pro seems to be a bit of an enigma.

Its on the overstable side of stable. If you throw 300 feet it is dumpy overstable. If you throw 400+ it holds a straight line for longer before fading. So its relevance to someones bag is really going to depend on how much power you have. If you can't throw much over 300, this disc isn't of much value. Me being someone who has tried pretty much every 7-8 speed 'stable' fairway from trilogy, this has fit the bill the most and what I'm most excited about. Spark was too OS, Longbowman is great, and I have it, but prefer it for sidearms due to its flat profile. I also have a Saint Pro in the bag, but its beat to heck and used for turnovers. My goal is to get a River Pro beat in so that way my only two fairways are going to be the Longbowman and River Pro

Last edited:
Got myself a second River Pro, white this time. Slightly imperfect on lower rim edge where trimmings are found, as if the inner side of the rim are lower than the outer. Interesting to see what this will do to flight.

anyway you would possibly want to sell one of those?? haha :thmbup:

I threw the River Pro at a Trilogy Challenge today. It has just a slight tough of turn. Into the wind it will get a little more turn. It always fades strong at the end. Not sure if I have a place in my bag for it. I have a Felon for even more OS and Teebird for straight shots.

This disc wasn't as overstable as I expected. Definitely less overstable than a fresh champ Teebird for instance. Seemed more sensitive to torque and wind than a Teebird as well. They have quite a bit of dome which made sidearm throws somewhat tricky. It's a nice disc but I don't think any Teebird throwers are going to be converted unless you just really like the plastic.

So, of the 3 disc in the TC, I preferred the Pine but the River Pro was a close second. It certainly isn't super overstable, but I didnt really expect it to be either. Most of my fairway experience has been Innova (cant mess with the classics I suppose) so my best comparison is somewhere between a Champ Teebird and a Champ TL. It does have good fade but no issue in getting turn out of it. However, it wasnt understable enough in the high speed portion to get a good hyzer flip...it would never flip directly to flat. I could see it beating into that though.

I actually really liked it for forehand shots. Medium power flicks the River Pro goes very straight with a decent ending fade. Powered up I was getting some really great distance s-curves with it, and I have a pretty poopy forehand.

As others have said, its a good disc but not a knockout; unlikely to win over any non-Trilogy throwers but will be popular with Lat64 fans.

Almost sounds like a speed 7ish champ Thunderbird flight then? Wants to turn a little but has a fade?

Almost sounds like a speed 7ish champ Thunderbird flight then? Wants to turn a little but has a fade?

I bet you're right, I'll try to compare it to the Rival but I have a feeling it's slightly more stable.

I compared it to the Teebird on a full power (I don't throw very hard) hyzerbomb to get around a tree. The Teebird went in a giant curve while the River Pro wanted to almost flip up and got a bit more distance but not as close to the basket. :)

I have to throw mine more, when it beats in to a tick more stable then a fresh frost River i think i have the FD of my dreams.

I played in TC last weekend, and have had a couple days to throw these around. I think all 3 discs are solid and will have respectable sales, but they likely won't make my bag since they're pretty similar to what I already throw (teebird, roc, colt).

Got one of these as a CTP prize from my league, and threw it today for a bit.

This thing is really beefy. Very similar to my Resistor. Wants to go left almost as soon as it leaves my hand (RHBH). Doesn't skip quite as much as the Resistor, but is more torque-resistant for my OATy forehand. Not really like my old straight-to-fade Teebird at all, if that's what they were going for. Behaved more like a slower Firebird. I could see this as a substitute for my Resistor when I anticipate throwing a lot of forehands.

For reference, I throw regular Rivers about 300', and Volts about 315' or so.

Picked up a slightly used River Pro a while back and got a few throws with it now. I throw my regular river around 300 on a smooth 80% throw. The River Pro I crank on pretty hard and flat and it goes out straight for half the flight then starts fading. The thing it does differently than other OS fairways for me is most fairways start to fade then hold that fade angle. The River Pro continues to increase the angle till it goes to the ground. This can ultimately net less right to left lateral movement and more predictability. Liking it so far.

Flew very OS for me, more so than a mf thunderbird for sure. Super dumpy fade. I used the pine for everything but utility shots.
To get any distance I had to do a big flex line, I only throw 350' with my fairway drivers, so maybe a bigger arm would find more use for it like azteC says.

Almost no one at my local TC had anything good to say about the River Pro. I thought it was a strange choice for a TC.

Got one of these as a CTP prize from my league, and threw it today for a bit.

This thing is really beefy. Very similar to my Resistor. Wants to go left almost as soon as it leaves my hand (RHBH). Doesn't skip quite as much as the Resistor, but is more torque-resistant for my OATy forehand. Not really like my old straight-to-fade Teebird at all, if that's what they were going for. Behaved more like a slower Firebird. I could see this as a substitute for my Resistor when I anticipate throwing a lot of forehands.

For reference, I throw regular Rivers about 300', and Volts about 315' or so.

I assume their plan is to give it so much fade that there will still be some left when it gets some turn beating in, resulting in a very River like flight path.
The transparent/white one (slightly lower PLH then others) I've beaten in is soon there. Some turn but still quite a bit of fade making it pretty long but reliable.
I have a feeling it might take quite a while but this disc should be very cyclable.

What do you dislike about it?

I think a lot of people were hoping for a Teebird competitor, but with the added glide associated with the original River. This is more like a Banshee competitor (at least that's my first impression so far). That's a good thing if you're looking for that, but it's not a slot very many people are looking to fill in their bag. Maybe the production run will be more usable.

For me, it flew like a well polished turd. No glue, dumpy fade, but not enough torque resistance to be used as a utility FH disc. I like the River, I could not click with the Pro. I wanted to, but I could not. I sent it to the glue factory.

I think a lot of people were hoping for a Teebird competitor, but with the added glide associated with the original River. This is more like a Banshee competitor (at least that's my first impression so far). That's a good thing if you're looking for that, but it's not a slot very many people are looking to fill in their bag. Maybe the production run will be more usable.

This. Using River as part of the name set up certain expectations that did not come to fruition.