• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Road Trip

PhattD

Eagle Member
Driving from Orlando, FL to Lansing, MI. Any must play courses on the way?

7ac.jpg

...but seriously, the best way to plan such a road trip is to get yourself a premium membership and use the trip planning feature to set your start and end points, parameters for the kind of courses you want to play, and narrow down the range off your main route you want to take. IMHO, this feature alone is worth the premium membership!

Now, assuming you are heading up I-75 most of the way, let's hear what sort of things you consider 'must-play' features. Of course, coming through Cincinnati, I'd say Lincoln Ridge for fun, Idlewild or Mt. Airy for challenge, so there's a few. Good luck! :thmbup:

Last edited:
Ok. I'm here to help.

First, post in the vacations and road trips forum.

Next. What route are you taking? How far out of the way are you willing to go? How long do you plan to be on the road?

A trip that you plan on taking a month to play every course possible along the way is a hell of a lot different than a trip that you plan on driving directly from point A to point B while hitting one or two good courses along the way.

What Martin said....and....

Do you have an preference in style of courses? Long/short, tough, scenic, wooded, open....?

Can you make the title of thread more specific please?

If your driving on I-75 any of the Big 3 near/in Cincinnati are great: Idlewild, Lincoln Ridge and Mt Airy.

I've done three separate MI to FL road trips... depends how which route you take and howfar off the Interstate you're willing to go.

Perkerson Park is great course right off I-75 in the ATL.
I'll 2nd Curveball's The Claytons recommendation... great course, not really outta the way.
LOVED me some Mt. Airy in Cincy.
Once you get to Lansing, I suggest Burchfield Devil's Den