• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roads treated as OB water hazards.

Here's the original question diagrammed.... do you play from that curb the disc bounced off of or the curb not pictured.

attachment.php

in this diagram I wouls say the disc was never in bounds, so previous curb, however knowing hotshots there is probably a pile of grass growing up through the concrete and someone will say it is on an island. :)

Here's the original question diagrammed.... do you play from that curb the disc bounced off of or the curb not pictured.

attachment.php

This is a tricky one. I would think that it would be the curb not pictured since the face of that curb is also the OB line and it's impossible for the disc to cross it.

Your previous diagram showed that same spot as "supportive", or good/IB. You're now obligated to call that as crossing the IB line. Play it in 1m. from that curb.

Also, your grass/curb line doesn't have to be perfect. If a disc lands somewhere the line is broken/missing, just connect an imaginary line between the 2 parts.

Last edited:
Vertical face is the line. Line is OB, so it should be played from the Tee side of the road.

Yes it has been said but why not say it again. Sounds like an interesting course, not worth the 24h+ drive for me. If I ever happen to be in the area would def check it out though.

If the disc is leaning on the vertical face of the curb, then it sounds like from the OP's description that disc is considered in bounds. If that is the case, bouncing off the same surface would also make that the last point the disc was in bounds. IMHO It is a poorly defined OB demarcation.

I still say far curb because of the second image. if you can lean on it and be in the touching it above the asphalt is in.

the verticle face of the curb is in bounds. If the disc is supported by the verticle (or near verticle) face of the curb when at rest, it is in bounds. i.e. "leaners" count.

(Emphasis mine)

Based on this and on the third picture in the diagram -- the one where the right edge of the disc is supported by the vertical face of the curb and is considered IN -- I say you mark from the far curb where the disc last made contact with an in-bounds surface.

No debate. The line itself is OB, therefore you have to cross the line to be inbounds. If you hit that line (verticle wall) and stay OB, then your OB and go to the last place you were in bounds
This is the answer right here.

The line itself is OB, but in this case the vertical face of the curb is not the OB line. Based on the OP description, the OB line would be where the curb meets the road (i.e. at the bottom of the curb). A disc does not need to cross in bounds, merely the last place it was in bounds. This is best understood as the last moment in time where the disc (if it had stopped moving) would have been considered inbounds. In this case, this would be where the disc touched the curb as the course rules define that position as being in bounds.

The line itself is OB, but in this case the vertical face of the curb is not the OB line. Based on the OP description, the OB line would be where the curb meets the road (i.e. at the bottom of the curb). A disc does not need to cross in bounds, merely the last place it was in bounds. This is best understood as the last moment in time where the disc (if it had stopped moving) would have been considered inbounds. In this case, this would be where the disc touched the curb as the course rules define that position as being in bounds.

^^^THIS THIS THIS! thank you for clearing this up. :clap:

Latest posts