• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roc vs. Buzzz in NE Ohio!

I say Discraft and Innova can go screw, let's get somebody to do some one color dyes on these tourney discs...I know SOMEBODY has got to be able to do the volume for cheapish, especially since you'd be pre paying.

\/\/

How many spots are still open? I am thinking about coming up, but I won't know for sure for about two weeks.

OUt of the 72 spots (4 players per hole/card) there are 30 still open. If we get overflow of at least 10 people, we will open up the 9 hole course across the street to the event for another 36 spots. So there are 30-66 spots open, but I wouldn't count on the additional 36 spots.

Looking for Hole Sponsors

The time has come to start looking for hole sponsors. Here is a list of the different amenities that come with hole sponsorship:

Name and PDGA # on Tee Sign.
Name and PDGA # on Website.
Name and PDGA # on flyer in players pack (with all hole sponsors).
Free Disc.
Free T-shirt.

Each hole is 35.00 to sponsor.

Businesses, please contact me directly for more options of sponsorship.

Thanks everyone for all the positive vibes on this endeavor!

big things working right now. the website is looking so good. as soon as we get the registration form and some course pictures posted, I will post the link here. Got a few hole sponsors already, thank you everyone for the support! I love this community!

bummer you guys won't be there, but if you want to set one up in your area I can help you get it going after I get mine done (so I know exactly what needs to be done).

Fantastic. I will do what I can to be there especially because I have a stack of Rocs that has suddenly had a Buzzz slipped in...

Question though, will it mostly focus on best player or maybe best disc with all roc throwers facing off against buzzz players? What will happen if there is more of one group than the other? Would I be able to switch sides to the disc with the least players on the day of?

I love this idea and can see it becoming a more common event in various areas, or as a mini event in larger tournaments. Word on any big pros coming out to support their companies flagship disc? For some reason I'd love to see Innova and Discraft duke this one out with Avery and Nate, Feldberg and McCabe... or Mark Ellis and Dave Dunipace!

But seriously I think the Jenkins family lives in NE Ohio and I heard something about Doss dating Val, not starting a rumor just saying they could be at this cool of cool events :D:thmbup::clap::p:hfive:

I just contacted both Innova and Discraft about having players from each of their teams coming out to play, can't wait to get the response back. As far as their tour schedules say, the Jenkins family will be at the USDGC Doubles that weekend.

As far as how the tournament will go, there will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place from each division like any other tournament. Also, we will be taking the scores from each team and taking the average (if the teams are lop sided) to find out which team actually won. If we have even teams, then we will take the lowest amount of strokes and that team wins.

And yes, on the day of, BEFORE play begins you will be able to pick whichever team you wish. After the tee off horn blows you are on that team all day and can only use that disc.

Just got a letter back from Discraft about having pros play the tourney.....

Hi Joshua,

Great idea for an event, hope it goes great! We'll post your info on our team-only website, and players will contact you if they are interested.

cheers,

Brian Sullivan

Less than a month to go and half the field is filled up as of today. I will be ordering shirts and discs this week. Get your shirt size in, pre registration now gets 5.00 off (25.00 to play), and anyone interested in hole sponsorship, please PM me.

www.rocvsbuzzz.com

It's not my brainchild to change around. Or else I'd have a few more discs in there, but I like the head-to-head challenge of the two companies each with what I and most would consider their signature mids.

Signature mids ? That would make it a buzzz / mako tournament :p

Anyway, my proposition would be a rule that the discs have to be brand new :D Would make all those Rock users curse about being unable to play anhyzers :p

ps : sorry, yes, this is just a rant. i dont like rocks, sorry.

Latest posts