• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roc3: OS Plastic of choice?

Jbultman

Birdie Member
Currently throwing 3 mids all are flat top KC pro rocs (beat, used and newish) looking for something that is just more OS than my newish KC pro roc.

Yes, I am aware that a gator is more overstable, however to be honest I don't need something that overstable, want a workable overstable.

Want to stay with the same mold. Thus roc3.
What plastic would be what I'm looking for as the most os. I've heard good things from Star and Revere Glow. Thoughts?

I throw a champion Roc3. I won't really call it overstable, but it won't flip either. It goes straight with a fairly mellow late fade.

You could always try a champion RocX3. Its supposed to be a beefier version of the Roc3.

Want to stick to the roc lineup.

I throw a champion Roc3. I won't really call it overstable, but it won't flip either. It goes straight with a fairly mellow late fade.
You could always try a champion RocX3. Its supposed to be a beefier version of the Roc3.

I've tried champ plastic and I agree not really overstable. That's why I suggested star or revere glow.
Rocx3 flat I would assume?

I've thrown almost every Roc3 plastic ever made, and Metal Flake is the most stable in my experience, followed by Glow Champ

Ive been in ur shoes for a long time now. Been a roc thrower for the better part of 14 years. I havent found any Roc3 that will fill that OS slot you are looking for. For me I just found a run of Champ Ranchos that I like and I stick with that. MF Roc3, not OS enough. Glow Roc3, not OS enough. RocX3, not OS enough. RocX(Millenium Taurus), not OS enough. This slot for me is filled by a 2006 USDGC Rancho. I keep trying more and more rocs in hopes that one will be that OS beast I am looking for and nothing has come close.

There are several other non-Innova options that feel basically identical to a Roc but will fly a little more overstable. I know you want to stay within the Roc family and everything, but the easiest solution is really to just suck it up and throw a Z Wasp. If you close your eyes you won't know the difference. And it will be way easier and cheaper to replace than whatever specialty run of Roc you need to find.

Have you thrown the rocx3?

I haven't. When I was looking for an OS mid, the RocX3 was just coming out, and I couldn't get my hands on one. I ended up just getting a Glow Champ MD4 instead.

Ironically, I finally got a Champ RocX3 in a player's pack this weekend. I haven't had a chance to throw it yet, but it feels a lot like my Roc3.

I understand wanting to stick with the Roc line-up, but I can't recommend a Method highly enough for this slot. It feels almost exactly like Roc, too.

Agreed with other poster, bard is what roc3 was supposed to be. Gila is also great if you're more into kcpro type of plastic. Fossil rules

IDK why everyone's suggesting non-roc discs. RocX3 is the perfect disc for this slot. I like 'em in DX - it's not super beefy OS but it is just a notch more OS than a Roc or Roc3.

I don't like premium plastic Rocs, they're just so glideless in my experience. I'll try a Star RocX3 some day, but the DX is getting it done for now.

The Henna Blomroos Tour Series Roc3 is very stable bordering on overstable, with not much straight carry before a long sweeping fade. I can't imagine ever getting one to flip. Certainly beefier than any brand new base-plastic Roc I've thrown, but not as much as the Champ RocX3s I threw for awhile (those crash-fade vs. the Blomroos' sweeping-fade). Also a touch beefier than the very small sample of Champ Roc3s I've thrown, but my experience with those is very limited. Would love to hear if anyone else has thrown these for comparison.

IDK why everyone's suggesting non-roc discs. RocX3 is the perfect disc for this slot. I like 'em in DX - it's not super beefy OS but it is just a notch more OS than a Roc or Roc3.

I don't like premium plastic Rocs, they're just so glideless in my experience. I'll try a Star RocX3 some day, but the DX is getting it done for now.

Well the RocX3 is only a "Roc" because of the name they printed on it. Several of the non-Innova suggestions actually feel closer to a regular Roc than the RocX3 does.

Staying in the innova family is usually where I am. Z wasp is a good disc in good plastic but it feels a lot deeper to me so its a no go. The Method and the bard would never be given a chance for me because I hate latitudes plastic. Gila is in good plastic but just feels too different to me.