• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rocky Mount Sports Complex (Question for locals)

TAKRep

Hi all - I have a question for the local players near Rocky Mount, NC:

I went to Rocky Mount yesterday to play the Sports Complex and noticed some new additions/changes to the course and was wondering if someone could shed some light on the city's plans for the course. Specifically, I noticed what appeared to be tees by the soccer fields past hole 10, as well as a "Next Tee" sign attached to a fence out that way. Additionally, I saw a few baskets across the street from the park, around where Rocky Mount High School used to play football.

Anyone know what's going on? Are they adding additional holes? I'm originally from Rocky Mount and love hearing about what's in store for the area - it's a great disc golf destination.

Nevermind on the holes across the street. I went back and spotted the sign for the "Complex Loop."

Hey man,

The Sports Complex layout has changed around quite a bit in the last 6 years. The extra concrete pads near the soccer field were temporary holes for local pdga tournaments in the past. Usually the course change's when the bark busters tournament comes around to make things more challenging. The two other holes are additional holes.

The last time I have heard, the head of the RM Parks and Rec are going to be getting together with a local pro to redo the entire course again. I am assuming this may happen before the next bark busters or pdga sanctum tournament. The idea is to make this course much harder than it is and the go to course in RM.

We will see.