• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roller challenge.......can you do it?

Dave242

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Can anyone throw a roller forward off the tee pad and have it curve around and end up somewhere behind the starting point?

Yes hands down. No joke. What do I win?

I believe I could perform the shot as described. Is there a reward or is it just for "bragging right? Curious to if it's bh or fh roller. Fh roller would be easier but bh roller is possible .

I can do it FH but it's not easy. If done right I can get it to fly in the air about 300ft and come all or most of the way back. The shot has no use on any course I've played but I do it once in warmups to show off sometimes.

I can take a Zephyr and throw it out with backspin like a hula hoop and have it end up behind me.

I was playing at the weatherford ice bowl a couple years back and something similar happened. The shot is wide open, over a hill, onto a beach, and the mother of all briar patches is 50 ft behind the tee.

Naturally I threw nose up and found a headwind ,coming off the lake, right over the crest of the hill. My disc decided to shoot straight up 250' in front of the teepad. It flew backwards and landed 20' to the right of the teepad and rolled deep into that god forsaken briar patch.

The best part was that I didn't know about the optional re throw rule. I carded a 7 on an easy 3. I still hear about that shot any time I see my card mates.

With a forehand roller thrown at 45 degrees about 10 feet off the pad I think that I could.

Might kind of be useful in the case of passing a mando properly that you ended up on the wrong side of, but not beyond.

Might kind of be useful in the case of passing a mando properly that you ended up on the wrong side of, but not beyond.
Kudos for coming up with an interesting, yet practical, application for such a shot.

With a forehand roller thrown at 45 degrees about 10 feet off the pad I think that I could.

yes, this.

Years ago at Seneca in their annual A tier I threw a roller that went uphill way farther than I could've thrown an airshot on my best day. It circled the pin and rolled about 300 feet back down the same hill behind the tee in the schule. Pretty sure i took a 6.

I think I can do it for a short distance. It seems a forehand would be easier.

Yes..... But not on purpose.....
Years ago at a tournament in Pittsburgh a guy on my card hit a tree 40' up the hill from the tee and it rolled 30' behind the tee.

Latest posts