• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rollin Ridge in December

Jmorri67

Par Member
To any Wisconsinites, will Rollin Ridge be playable in December? I'll be in Appleton for work for a few weeks, and if I get a weekend off and have a car I was considering driving over there to play it, but I don't want to drive an hour and end up unable to play. Most likely weekend would be the 6th/7th

It's been open and playable in previous winters. I was driving through the area this last weekend and it didn't really have any snow on the ground at that exact instance (about 15 miles east). We did get a few inches though in the last few days. Temps are supposed to climb this weekend and there is no snow in the forecast. So in summary, it'll definitely be playable, and should be fairly comfortable conditions. Check the weather in a week though to confirm no recent snow storms or extreme temperatures.

They should be. They were only closed for hunting season. If you have Facebook, they are on there and update conditions and when they are open/have leagues and the like.

The ridge is always open! Well I guess not this week for deer hunting but the remainder of the year the ridge is open. Steve cleared all the tea pads last year but I don't think that he wants to do that again so you'll be playing the shorts.

They should be. They were only closed for hunting season. If you have Facebook, they are on there and update conditions and when they are open/have leagues and the like.

^This

We actually showed up with fingers crossed this past Saturday, but no luck. Hunting season.

That being said, it's open year round and they do a kick a$$ job of cleaning up the teepads to play winter golf.

Definitely open for the winter. Put ribbons on, and have a ball. Pins are usually in the A positions once the snow flies.

Hope to play the Ridge sometime in the not too distant future, I really love that course and top notch people.