• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Round Ratings

I bumped it up to very technical, the blues are now 55.5 which is a little high but closer than the old SSE.

Timg, the SSE looks a little high for Oregon Park in Marietta, GA. In my experience, SSA in the gold layout (gold tees to gold baskets) tends to come in around 50, not the 53+ that the DGCR SSE indicates. I see above that you can't tweak SSE per tee, but could you perhaps tweak the course settings a little to bring the gold layout closer to 50? This may reduce the SSE for the other three tee-to-basket combinations, but that is probably also needed.

How come sometimes, my round rating shows as "N/A"? I've selected the correct Tee color, and the course page, does show it has an SSE listed. But when I hit submit, rating shows as n/a?

Also why did my round get recorded as a "special" round type? It won't let me change it to a normal standard round? In the dropdown I have only (Doubles, Tournament, Other)

Thanks!

It looks like some of your rounds are missing distances for the holes, so you won't get a rating for those. When you recorded your round did you pick more holes on the course than it actually has? That'll make it a "special" round.

I have several rounds that recently went from scored to n/a... Do courses sometimes undergo some kind of reassessment? My ratings from both Hilton Head courses (Hover Links and First Tee of the Lowcountry) suddenly became n/a and none of my scores from Knob Hill Park in Pittsburgh would give a rating. With respect to Knob Hill, the course underwent a recent overhaul where hole 4 is now a much longer par 5. Hole 5 shows up out of sequence in the app; placed between holes 11 and 12...

I have several rounds that recently went from scored to n/a... Do courses sometimes undergo some kind of reassessment? My ratings from both Hilton Head courses (Hover Links and First Tee of the Lowcountry) suddenly became n/a and none of my scores from Knob Hill Park in Pittsburgh would give a rating. With respect to Knob Hill, the course underwent a recent overhaul where hole 4 is now a much longer par 5. Hole 5 shows up out of sequence in the app; placed between holes 11 and 12...

I'm not sure how it happened, but looking at your scorebook those particular rounds appear to be missing hole lengths for holes 4 and 11. Without those, the round rating feature isn't able to work. So the short answer is that you should be able to go in and edit those particular rounds, add the correct hole lengths for those two holes, and the system should update the round ratings. :)

I wonder if the hole distances disappear if someone messes with the course's layout feature?

Last I remember, the hole distances of any entered round will stay the same as when you entered them. I assume the rating for that round would too, but I can't confirm that.

Hole distances in a recorded scorebook round should not change even if the course page is altered in most cases, although I'm not sure on the impact of actually changing the number of holes on a course page. One change that does affect existing scorebook round ratings is adjusting the foliage factor (or tweaking the internal SSE formula) though.

Distances are associated with the round and don't change if someone updates the course. If the number of holes are changed that shouldn't effect the old rating either.

I wonder if the hole distances disappear if someone messes with the course's layout feature?

Dunno, the scores from hover only disappeared about a day before my post. Knob Hill never gave a rating, and I noticed first tee disappeared about a week ago... So yeah maybe someone messed with the course layout... But who can do that? Anyone?

I'm not sure how it happened, but looking at your scorebook those particular rounds appear to be missing hole lengths for holes 4 and 11. Without those, the round rating feature isn't able to work.

I see that on the scorebook for Knob Hill, but that doesn't explain why my ratings on Hover Links and First Tee of the Lowcountry just arbitrarily disappeared- their scorecards all have the hole lengths as they were when I played them.
So for Knob Hill, for example, holes 4 and 5 were changed this summer... can anyone go in and edit the hole information?

Ack the time limit expired for me to edit. For some reason, my ratings for Hover Links and First Tee of the Lowcountry appear here on DGCR when I view it on my computer, but when I view my scores thru the iOS app, ratings for Hover and First Tee are N/A...

What happens if you sync up your rounds via the stats menu? Maybe the app did something weird.