• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Runs of SJLS

Taylor

Birdie Member
Can anyone break down the differences in runs for the SJLS?

I'm interested to hear about flight characteristics, dome, stiffness of plastic. That kind of stuff.

If there's already a thread about it, let me know! I couldn't find one.

There's a guy that posts sometimes that throws them, wonder where he's at.

I know the 1st runs were pretty stiff and subsequent runs were softer... I don't know anything more than that. I throw QJs.

QJLS have a better following and will get a better response usually...this holds true for most of the millimium plastics.

I love my MF QJLSs

The 1.2.5 sjls that were run for the am worlds are awesome. A semi firm swirly grippy star like blend. Very very straight. Not as soft as the recent runs, much grippier than the 1st runs. They have a mild dome, which IMHO flies better than the flat runs.

Personally I prefer this particular run to any qj or other sj run. I don't throw as hard as some, so the extra beef of a qj isn't necessary.

Last edited:
There's a guy that posts sometimes that throws them, wonder where he's at.

Someone said that the sjls like the one here, are money.

The 1.2.5 sjls that were run for the am worlds are awesome. A semi firm swirly grippy star like blend. Very very straight. Not as soft as the recent runs, much grippier than the 1st runs. They have a mild dome, which IMHO flies better than the flat runs.

Personally I prefer this particular run to any qj or other sj run. I don't throw as hard as some, so the extra beef of a qj isn't necessary.

Ta Da! :D

Haha somebody should have mentioned one was on the market place and I would have bought it.

It was borderline. Don't really need it, but had to give you a hard time.

Which runs were flat? I tend to prefer flatter discs

1.3 and 1 4 both had a mild dome. IMHO the 1.3s were a more US than the 1.4s. The 1.4s are rumored to fly like my 1.2.5s aka nice a d straight, but I haven't thrown one yet.

The hard 1.1s had a slight dome and have been the beefiest sjls I have thrown. There were some soft gummier 1.1s that were pretty flat, but lost some of the glide. The 1.2s I have had are similar, but with a mild dome.

An sjls with a mild dome flies like an sjls should. If the 1.4s are as straight as I have heard they are I would suggest going that route.

Last edited:
1.4s are supposed to fly like my worn in 1.2.5s**

In stability my experince from most to least.
Hard 1.1s
1.2.5s
1.2s/gummy 1.1s
1.4?

Flatness
Gummy 1.1s
1.2, 1.2.5, 1.3, 1.4
Hard 1.1s